(Closed) Sourcing Manager (Gear)
As Sourcing Manager for Fnatic Gear, you will handle end to end sourcing operations of gaming peripheral components, managing new vendor identification, negotiation and construction of development and manufacturing agreements.
You will design and implement an effective sourcing strategy to reduce product costs while maintaining quality standards, and continuously look for ways to maximise Fnatic's competitive advantage. You'll bring expertise in scaling sourcing operations, as well as a strong understanding of the market in our main area of operations (Southern China). Your contribution will have an immense impact on the ongoing success of our Gear business, and making Fnatic Gear synonymous with the best in gaming performance.
Your mission is to:
- Review and optimise Fnatic's sourcing strategy and supply base, and monitor for ongoing efficiency
- Analyse customer requirements and source contracts for all purchase materials
- Manage and compare pricing of bill of materials for all products
- Continually benchmark existing agreements against alternative suppliers
- Review potential new vendors (both in-region and globally) and assess fit with Fnatic's procurement strategy, policies, and cost objectives
- Perform regular analysis of procurement costs and report performance vs KPIs to management
- Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers, and identify ways to maximise the profitability of agreements
- Estimate risks and ensure agreements include sufficient risk mitigation, building in contingency to ensure realistic time frames from source to market
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment on expectations, processes and terms
- Develop and implement a purchase forecasting system in collaboration with Product colleagues
- Finalise purchase details of orders and submit POs to vendors
- Actively monitor and advise on manufacturing schedules and potential delays, and seek improvements where possible
- Support Fnatic's apparel operation on sourcing requirements as required
We're looking for:
- Proven experience in procurement/sourcing of computer peripherals (ideally 5+ years)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Mandarin
- Expertise with figures and collection, analysis and interpretation of data
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgment
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
- Ability to work well as part of a team, as well as autonomously
- Comfort working in a creative environment and ability to come up with innovative solutions to problems
Fnatic is a global esports entertainment brand headquartered in London, laser-focused on seeking out, levelling up and amplifying gamers and creators. Our history is unparalleled. Founded in 2004, we are the most successful esports brand of the last decade, winning more than 200 championships across 30 different games.
Today, driven by entertainment, Fnatic is the channel through which the most forward-thinking brands communicate with young people. We deliver industry-leading content, experiences and activations through offices and facilities in cities between Los Angeles and Tokyo. And a future even brighter.
We are forerunners in competitive mobile gaming, as the first Tier 1 esports team to launch a presence in India. We pioneered the intersection of street culture and esports with merch collaborations, and will continue to lead the industry in relation to quality of pro wear and fan apparel. Our pros and creators will generate more than 100m hours of entertainment content in 2020, showcasing our global partners to an audience of more than 15m fans across our social platforms. In addition, our 'Fnatic Gear' consumer products will continue to level up and amplify the gaming performance of users wherever they are sold.