Full Stack Engineer
As part of our Digital Products team at Fnatic, your days will be filled developing engaging experiences and products across our fast-moving business. From working on a cross platform desktop program to drive Fnatic Gear 'OP', built on Electron and React, to planning out future mobile apps, new product ideas and esports intelligence ideas for our pro teams.
You’ll have an eye for the fine details and the solutions you develop are the most elegant. You get excited by new techniques, problem solving regardless of the domain, and love the idea of developing highly functional, data-rich complex-systems. Most of all, you're excited to join a small team where your impact is highly measurable and helps amplify a brand loved globally by millions of fans!
Your mission is to:
- Work within an agile but fast growing team on a range of projects across our Product function
- Help define, prototype and develop a series of new exciting ideas for the global gaming market
- Contribute technical thoughts and workflow improvements to enhance the direction of Fnatic products
- Work with complex ecommerce systems looking at new ways to optimise to drive millions in revenue
- Launch creative digital campaigns, using the latest technologies
- Review analytics and performance metrics to draw conclusions and drive change
- Automate robotic processes, so more time can be spent on value generation
We're looking for:
- Commercial backend development experience (including design aspects)
- Proficiency in PHP (Vanilla, preferably. We adopt a no-framework approach for our internal cloud product utilising components from various package providers, e.g. Symfony, Laravel, League, etc...)
- Strong knowledge of MySQL (or other RDBMS), MongoDB, and Redis
- Experience with building web applications (HTTP, WS, Work Queues, ...)
- Previous implementation/use of RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Ability to use Docker and container orchestration tools e.g. Compose, Rancher, ...
- Strong knowledge of common Linux distributions (and comfortable with the CLI)
- A quick learner, with an entrepreneurial drive and team-centric mentality
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- A compelling portfolio of previous projects on GitHub etc
- Amazing debugging skills!
- ...Did we mention Linux?
What we have to offer:
- The chance to learn from an ambitious and super creative team, and enjoy the buzz of our fast-paced business
- Award winning office in the heart of Shoreditch in London, with 8 other locations around the world
- Private medical insurance (Vitality)
- Eyecare vouchers
- A generous welcome allowance to spend in the Fnatic shop
- Fruit, drinks and snacks available daily in the office
- Regular lunch clubs, Friday drinks and other social activities
Fnatic is a global esports entertainment brand headquartered in London, laser-focused on seeking out, levelling up and amplifying gamers and creators. Our history is unparalleled. Founded in 2004, we are the most successful esports brand of the last decade, winning more than 200 championships across 30 different games.
Today, driven by entertainment, Fnatic is the channel through which the most forward-thinking brands communicate with young people. We deliver industry-leading content, experiences and activations through offices and facilities in cities between Los Angeles and Tokyo. And a future even brighter.
We are forerunners in competitive mobile gaming, as the first Tier 1 esports team to launch a presence in India. We pioneered the intersection of street culture and esports with merch collaborations, and will continue to lead the industry in relation to quality of pro wear and fan apparel. Our pros and creators will generate more than 100m hours of entertainment content in 2020, showcasing our global partners to an audience of more than 15m fans across our social platforms. In addition, our 'Fnatic Gear' consumer products will continue to level up and amplify the gaming performance of users wherever they are sold.