(Closed) Esports Operations Manager
As Esports Operations Manager at Fnatic, you’ll be a linchpin in the efficient operations of one of the biggest teams in esports globally. With Fnatic teams in action across Europe and Asia, you'll be an organisational ninja, connecting our London HQ to our international hubs across multiple timezones.
You'll have an important part to play in shaping a 'Fnatic' approach to esports team management that is best-in-class, and work closely with the other business units in Fnatic to support Pro-Gaming's contribution to our overall company goals.
This is a rare opportunity to play your part in Fnatic building on the legacy of success achieved over the last 16 years and continuing to set the standard others aspire to emulate.
Your Mission Is To
- Drive efficient operation of Fnatic Pro-Gaming teams and compliance with budgets through standardising and implementing improved processes and protocols
- Develop a team operations playbook for Fnatic, and lead on PG onboarding of new team members (players and staff)
- Optimise the integration of Pro-Gaming teams within the Fnatic organisation, and oversee the interactions between Entertainment, Commercial and Product in particular
- Ensure important company updates are communicated to the team, and equally develop strong feedback channels for player insights on products, facilities etc
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of Fnatic team schedules, coordinating Team Managers and ensuring they feed necessary information to other Fnatic departments, and work with travel support staff to ensure efficient booking processes
- Work closely with the Commercial team to deliver partner activations, and facilitate interaction with the teams to ensure successful execution
- Collaborate with the Data team to build insight flows between teams and the rest of Fnatic
- Manage supply of partner products and services, working with each team to track allocation of peripherals/hardware/applications etc, and share such databases with relevant stakeholders
- Work closely with the Chief Gaming Officer to help outline and deliver Fnatic’s overall esports strategy across finance and facilities
- Support on ad-hoc projects as outlined by the CGO
We're looking for:
- Background in event/project management
- Familiarity with a range of standard commercial and legal documents
- A strong understanding of the top-tier competitive esports scene
- Meticulous organisation and track record of improving outcomes through process
- A collaborative mindset and ability to relate to people of all backgrounds
- Drive and a high standard of professionalism
- Tech-savviness, able to quickly become a power user of our key work tools (we use Google suite, Notion and Slack)
- Willingness to travel to regular events if required
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English, other languages desirable
What We Have To Offer
- The chance to learn from an ambitious and super creative team, and enjoy the buzz of our fast-paced business
- Award winning office in the heart of Shoreditch in London, with 8 other locations around the world
- A generous welcome allowance to spend in the Fnatic shop
- Private medical insurance
- Eyecare vouchers
- Fruit, drinks and snacks available daily in the office
- Regular lunch clubs and other social activities
Fnatic is a global esports entertainment brand headquartered in London, laser-focused on seeking out, levelling up and amplifying gamers and creators. Our history is unparalleled. Founded in 2004, we are the most successful esports brand of the last decade, winning more than 200 championships across 30 different games.
Today, driven by entertainment, Fnatic is the channel through which the most forward-thinking brands communicate with young people. We deliver industry-leading content, experiences and activations through offices and facilities in cities between Los Angeles and Tokyo. And a future even brighter.
We are forerunners in competitive mobile gaming, as the first Tier 1 esports team to launch a presence in India. We pioneered the intersection of street culture and esports with merch collaborations, and will continue to lead the industry in relation to quality of pro wear and fan apparel. Our pros and creators will generate more than 100m hours of entertainment content in 2020, showcasing our global partners to an audience of more than 15m fans across our social platforms. In addition, our 'Fnatic Gear' consumer products will continue to level up and amplify the gaming performance of users wherever they are sold.