(Closed) Esports Director (Europe)
Over the past years esports competitions have grown into major events that are set to outgrow the professional competitions in ‘traditional’ sports. Likewise, the esports competitions have become intensely more competitive across all esports titles.
As an Esports Director at Fnatic, you'll take full ownership of the competitive success of all of Fnatic’s EU teams. You'll mentor and manage Team Directors and performance staff across all our titles in the region, and drive a culture of success. You'll also be heavily involved in taking a strategic view at the games titles and leagues we invest or divest in within the region, conscious of the commercial opportunities and growth of the Fnatic brand.
Your mission is to:
- Develop the know-how, professionalism and infrastructure of Fnatic’s professional gaming teams within Europe, setting out a visionary performance strategy to achieve global dominance
- Build an extensive knowledge of the esports ecosystem, in particular around the professional game titles and leagues
- Maintain close relationships with game publishers, event organisers, other teams in the region and other relevant stakeholders
- Oversee budgets across European titles, which includes player salaries and transfers, facilities and league revenues
- Manage and grow Team Directors who oversee day-to-day management of each of our teams, and support them on key decisions such as player transfers, and entering or leaving a title
- Support the growth of support functions and facilities, ensuring the best processes and tools are in place to get the best possible performance out of each team
- Emphasise pro welfare and advocate within Fnatic for players, performance and support staff alike
- Support the CGO and Fnatic senior management in major contractual negotiations and know in detail the ins and outs of the contracts, rules and regulations whether from a league or governmental perspective.
- Act as the linchpin between Fnatic HQ and all our European team titles, being a relentless internal ambassador for all teams and players and in turn keeping them informed of everything else happening in Fnatic
- Be able to balance performance imperatives with Fnatic's business needs, when and where relevant
We're looking for:
- Extensive senior management experience within professional sport
- Strong knowledge of the esports ecosystem and proven to adapt to new industries
- A natural leader and very good at building report with players and support staff and make them rally around achieving the highest possible.
- Direct experience working with (sports) talent, understanding their needs and thinking on a personal level
- Relentless drive for competitive success, never compromising and looking to learn from both losses and wins
- Proven ability to handle crisis situations and confidence to make critical decisions under pressure
- Someone who places high value on sports integrity and sportsmanship, and permanently stands behind these values
- A confident public speaker/media representative, who recognises the importance of being a positive brand representative and position as a role model
What we have to offer:
- The chance to learn from an ambitious and super creative team, and enjoy the buzz of our fast-paced business
- Award winning office in the heart of Shoreditch in London, with 8 other locations around the world
- A generous welcome allowance to spend in the Fnatic shop
- Private medical insurance
- Eyecare vouchers
- Fruit, drinks and snacks available daily in the office
- Regular lunch clubs and other social activities