As we build our digital future at Fnatic, we're looking for a hands-on technical leader to lead the development of engaging experiences for Fnatic.com, our Ecommerce offering and new digital products.
You'll be laser-focused on delivery and driving best technical practices, and comfortable owning technical execution in an innovative space where moving fast will be essential to maintain our reputation as leaders in esports performance. A great people person, you'll help grow a team of bright engineers, mentoring them to think big about the possibilities for tech at Fnatic. You’re driven to push boundaries and are excited by what possibilities lie ahead with the likes of 3D and AR. Maybe you’ve played around with Spark AR or Google Poly on a side project of your own already?
Most importantly, you'll bring an entrepreneurial mindset to a small but growing team and hunger to make a big impact.
Your mission is to:
- Influence digital product strategy and build engineering roadmaps to deliver product vision
- Work closely with stakeholders to estimate, prioritise and clarify items
- Get stuck in with development, writing code for production
- Review architecture decisions and drive change where necessary
- Mentor and manage a team of multi-disciplinary engineers, and lead on regular code reviews
- Ensure up-time SLAs are maintained for fnatic.com, our webshop and other digital products
- Review analytics and performance metrics to draw conclusions and drive change
- Automate robotic processes, so more time can be spent on value generation
- Support talent acquisition efforts within Tech as required, leading on candidate assessment and providing appropriate feedback
We're looking for:
- Hands-on engineering capability, ideally from a consumer product environment
- Previous management of in-house engineers, and comfort identifying suitable performance metrics and setting measurable goals
- Broad technical literacy with front and backend familiarity (React, PHP experience desirable)
- Entrepreneurial mindset, ideally demonstrated through personal project portfolio on GitHub
- Debugging and code review skills
- Delivery focus and sense of urgency
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with a broad range of business stakeholders
What we have to offer:
- The chance to learn from an ambitious and super creative team, and enjoy the buzz of our fast-paced business
- Award winning office in the heart of Shoreditch in London
- Private medical insurance (Vitality)
- Eyecare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Self-development book requests for the Fnatic Library
- Fnatic shop staff discount
- Fruit, drinks and snacks available daily in the office
- Regular lunch clubs, Friday drinks and other social activities
Fnatic is a global esports entertainment brand headquartered in London, laser-focused on seeking out, levelling up and amplifying gamers and creators. Our history is unparalleled. Founded in 2004, we are the most successful esports brand of the last decade, winning more than 200 championships across 30 different games.
Today, driven by entertainment, Fnatic is the channel through which the most forward-thinking brands communicate with young people. We deliver industry-leading content, experiences and activations through offices and facilities in cities between Los Angeles and Tokyo. And a future even brighter.
We are forerunners in competitive mobile gaming, as the first Tier 1 esports team to launch a presence in India. We pioneered the intersection of street culture and esports with merch collaborations, and will continue to lead the industry in relation to quality of pro wear and fan apparel. Our pros and creators will generate more than 100m hours of entertainment content in 2020, showcasing our global partners to an audience of more than 15m fans across our social platforms. In addition, our 'Fnatic Gear' consumer products will continue to level up and amplify the gaming performance of users wherever they are sold.