As Design Lead at Fnatic you'll be the gatekeeper of our visual communication. You'll push the boundaries of digital aesthetics and have an eye for precise design detail, completing design briefs yourself and also guiding the team on theirs. You have an in-depth knowledge of design trends and strive to bring elements of sub-culture to the mainstream. You'll embrace a community and culture of raw talent, seeking out the most promising designers and internally mentor our current team to hone their skills.
You'll work closely with the Head of Production to manage the output of the design team and create a design function that sets a new standard for esports and gaming.
Please submit a link to your portfolio with your application.
Your Mission Is To
- Utilise your full range of design skills through hands-on design work on relevant briefs
- Support generation and regular updating of Fnatic visual guidelines that feed into an overall brand book/other playbooks
- Establish a strong design culture at Fnatic, and develop a reputation internally for high standard work that is delivered on time and exceeds expectation
- Mentor and manage a team a multi-disciplinary designers, leading creative reviews and setting meaningful goals
- Critique and QA all design output to ensure the highest of standards is always maintained
- Participate in creative ideation to bring briefs to life from Product, Commercial, Pro-Gaming and Brand
- Support external pitching with design expertise when required
- Translate briefs into design personas, storyboards, prototypes, and design specifications
- Be able to explain design decisions to a range of stakeholders, and relish constructive feedback
- Work closely with the Production unit to allocate and manage team capacity effectively and ensure time/cost is accurately tracked
- Build a deep understanding of the Fnatic audience and develop a distinct design language that speaks to them authentically
- Utilise customer, fan and user feedback to drive ongoing design improvement
- Be curious by nature and stay up to date design trends and relevant tools
- Support talent acquisition efforts within Studio as required, leading on candidate assessment and providing appropriate feedback
We're looking for:
- An inspiring and innovative portfolio of design work for global brand(s)
- Passion and relentless approach to quality
- Previous team management and ability to push other designers to be their best
- Comfort leading ideation sessions, workshops, and brainstorms
- Interest in research, and desire to validate design decisions whereever possible
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, iterating quickly and driving impact
- Good knowledge of project management fundamentals
- Commercial nous, and able to applying Design Thinking methods to solve business problems
- Excellent communication skills and ability to make ideas simple to understand
- Meticulous level of attention to detail
- Master user of Adobe Creative Suite and other relevant design and prototyping tools
- Strong organisational ability and pride in delivering to deadline
What We Have To Offer
- The chance to learn from an ambitious and super creative team, and enjoy the buzz of our fast-paced business
- Award winning office in the heart of Shoreditch in London
- Private medical insurance (Vitality)
- Eyecare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Self-development book requests for the Fnatic Library
- Fnatic shop staff discount
- Fruit, drinks and snacks available daily in the office
- Regular lunch clubs, Friday drinks and other social activities
Fnatic is a global esports entertainment brand headquartered in London, laser-focused on seeking out, levelling up and amplifying gamers and creators. Our history is unparalleled. Founded in 2004, we are the most successful esports brand of the last decade, winning more than 200 championships across 30 different games.
Today, driven by entertainment, Fnatic is the channel through which the most forward-thinking brands communicate with young people. We deliver industry-leading content, experiences and activations through offices and facilities in cities between Los Angeles and Tokyo. And a future even brighter.
We are forerunners in competitive mobile gaming, as the first Tier 1 esports team to launch a presence in India. We pioneered the intersection of street culture and esports with merch collaborations, and will continue to lead the industry in relation to quality of pro wear and fan apparel. Our pros and creators will generate more than 100m hours of entertainment content in 2020, showcasing our global partners to an audience of more than 15m fans across our social platforms. In addition, our 'Fnatic Gear' consumer products will continue to level up and amplify the gaming performance of users wherever they are sold.