(Closed) Chef/Nutrition Advisor
Fnatic is seeking a Chef for our Berlin League of Legends team hub for the upcoming 2021 season. You’ll work closely with our Performance staff to prepare healthy, balanced meals that meet the individual needs of our players, while having freedom to create your own menus to surprise and delight our team.
This role is offered on an initial fixed-term contract basis, from January 2021 - end September 2021.
Your Mission Is To
- Prepare a full menu of snack and 2 main meals per day for six days of the week, with an emphasis on nutritional value and appealing presentation
- Build understanding of player and staff nutritional needs and preferences, and cater for alternative options wherever possible
- Work with the Performance Coach to enhance player performance through healthy dietary plans, and suitable serving sizes
- Shop for weekly groceries and maintain food stocks within the designated budget
- Maintain a clean and professional workplace, and ensure kitchen utensils and cookware is cleaned and stored properly
- Maintain food stores and ensure stock is fresh and within use before dates
- Coordinate with the facility manager to keep the kitchen and dining areas clean and orderly
- Foster a positive social environment that acts as a respite from the pressures of work and practice
- Observe food hygiene and safety guidelines, and ensure other relevant parties are aware of them
We're looking for:
- Creative flair and desire to try new things
- Knowledge of a range of international cuisines
- Faultless hygiene and approach to safety
- Qualification in sports nutrition or related discipline desirable
- Strong time management, and ability to work to the strict schedules of our players and team
- An approachable team player who does their best to accommodate requests
- Someone meticulous who takes pride in the quality of their work
- An excellent verbal communicator in English, additional languages desirable
Fnatic is a global esports entertainment brand headquartered in London, laser-focused on seeking out, levelling up and amplifying gamers and creators. Our history is unparalleled. Founded in 2004, we are the most successful esports brand of the last decade, winning more than 200 championships across 30 different games.
Today, driven by entertainment, Fnatic is the channel through which the most forward-thinking brands communicate with young people. We deliver industry-leading content, experiences and activations through offices and facilities in cities between Los Angeles and Tokyo. And a future even brighter.
We are forerunners in competitive mobile gaming, as the first Tier 1 esports team to launch a presence in India. We pioneered the intersection of street culture and esports with merch collaborations, and will continue to lead the industry in relation to quality of pro wear and fan apparel. Our pros and creators will generate more than 100m hours of entertainment content in 2020, showcasing our global partners to an audience of more than 15m fans across our social platforms. In addition, our 'Fnatic Gear' consumer products will continue to level up and amplify the gaming performance of users wherever they are sold.