Buying & Production Manager (Apparel)
As Buying & Production Manager (Apparel) at Fnatic, you'll be the linchpin in Fnatic's small but growing Apparel team, making our product roadmap come to life through management of production process from buying through to finished product. You'll work closely with the Ecommerce, Finance, and Logistics/SCM teams in particular, being the point person in ensuring we hit production timelines. A great people person, you'll thrive on building new relationships with suppliers and working to get favourable terms for Fnatic; well organised and someone with your finger constantly on the pulse across multiple data sources to support decision making.
Your mission is to:
- Support the Design team in the development of collections, and source associated manufacturers/materials to fulfil design, commercial and sustainability goals
- Consistently review and optimise supply base, ensuring we are balancing lead-time flexibility, risk and cost savings across the globe, and review new opportunities that arise with suppliers and third party brands
- Manage ongoing relationships with suppliers from sampling to fabric booking, visiting factories and relevant trade fairs where possible
- Support the production process end-to-end, collaborating with Logistics/Supply Chain colleagues to ensure product lands in the right place at the right time
- Work closely with the Data Analyst (Product) to place orders and restocks in line with forecasted requirements
- Ensure all suppliers have up to date manufacturing agreements in place, covering our business risk as much as possible
- Liaise with Finance team to facilitate purchase orders and monitor COGS related to stock spend
- Ad-hoc tasks as directed by the Head of Apparel
We're looking for:
- Previous buying experience, ideally for a performance apparel brand
- Knowledge of major production factories and processes
- An organisational ninja who is comfortable with many balls in the air
- Understanding of sustainability audit practices
- Strong relationship building skills
- Excellent negotiation ability and commercial awareness
- An expert spreadsheet user and aptitude to pick up and leverage new analysis tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English, other languages desirable
What we have to offer:
- The chance to learn from an ambitious and super creative team, and enjoy the buzz of our fast-paced business
- Award winning office in the heart of Shoreditch in London
- Private medical insurance (Vitality)
- Eyecare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Self-development book requests for the Fnatic Library
- Fnatic shop staff discount
- Fruit, drinks and snacks available daily in the office
- Regular lunch clubs, Friday drinks and other social activities
Fnatic is a global esports entertainment brand headquartered in London, laser-focused on seeking out, levelling up and amplifying gamers and creators. Our history is unparalleled. Founded in 2004, we are the most successful esports brand of the last decade, winning more than 200 championships across 30 different games.
Today, driven by entertainment, Fnatic is the channel through which the most forward-thinking brands communicate with young people. We deliver industry-leading content, experiences and activations through offices and facilities in cities between Los Angeles and Tokyo. And a future even brighter.
We are forerunners in competitive mobile gaming, as the first Tier 1 esports team to launch a presence in India. We pioneered the intersection of street culture and esports with merch collaborations, and will continue to lead the industry in relation to quality of pro wear and fan apparel. Our pros and creators will generate more than 100m hours of entertainment content in 2020, showcasing our global partners to an audience of more than 15m fans across our social platforms. In addition, our 'Fnatic Gear' consumer products will continue to level up and amplify the gaming performance of users wherever they are sold.