Flux is looking for a talented VFX Artist. We are growing our team to our next big consoles and PC production and we need a passionate and committed artist to make our game shine with cool and beautiful Visual Effects that will bring our characters and environments to life.
If you are passionate about VFX and already have a few projects under your portfolio, you could be the one! Join us to develop best in class user experiences for an innovative game with a cool and famous IP.
- This contract is for 10 months of work.
- Remuneration is negotiable.
- This job is for remote work.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Work with Art Direction, Technical Partners, and Concept to develop the projects visual language with respect to VFX.
- Create the highest quality real-time visual effects, both in appearance and performance, while adhering to the project's aesthetic vision.
- Collaborate closely with Art, Design, & Animation teams to create beautiful effects that offer creative solutions to design challenges, add life to the game world, and create wow moments for the users.
- Collaborate with DD partners to map out VFX development from pre-production to production including factors such as, team, tools, & technology ramp up.
- Acknowledging our small startup team format, wear many hats, providing look dev and feature prototyping, not restricted to VFX.
- Work with Technical Art Directors, Engineers, and studio VFX Artists to develop efficient VFX pipelines, based in visual scripting environments such as Unity VFX Graph, and supporting DCC apps [Maya, Substance Designer, etc.] .
- Develop and maintain workflows supporting a large ecosystem of multi-platform real-time effects assets.
- Collaborate with Art partners from other projects to develop and share pipelines and best practices.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game production and development.
- Firefight production issues, resolve roadblocks, and provide creative solutions to technical challenges.
- Keep up with the latest trends and technical tools for developing effects content and inspire others through knowledge sharing.
Qualifications And Skills
- Minimum of 1 year production experience using game engines to create real-time VFX (Can be independent work).
- Served as a VFX Artist on one or more published titles (Can be independent work).
- Have shipping experience on 2 or more game titles in any platform (Can be independent work).
- Experience in creating visual effects out of a variety of building blocks including particles, static textures, animated textures, lights, post processing, materials, meshes and shaders.
- Experience producing effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam, and explosions.
- Excellent composition/framing skills and sense of scale, timing, detail, form, texture and color.
- Experience developing consistent visual language across an eco-system of effects.
- Proficiency with Unity VFX Graph.
- Ability to create assets within the confines of real-time engine memory and performance constraints, and the ability to optimize effects to achieve the highest visual quality.
- Knowledge of in engine lighting and post effects.
- General understanding of animation/modeling/texturing and instancing pipelines.
- Knowledge in creating 3D assets and materials in other packages as needed to support effects [Maya, Substance Designer, Photoshop, After Effects, etc. ].
- Excellent communication skills, including a meticulous and organized approach to the creation, naming and storage of the effects assets.
- Ability to work in a group as well as operate autonomously with minimal feedback and the ability to self-critique.
- Commitment to personal and peer development, sharing best practices, staying current with the state of the art in visual effects.
- Development experience on console hardware (XB1/PS4/Switch).
- Experience and comfort with one or more scripting/programming languages [C#].
- Background in photography, painting, concept art, or animation.
- Experience with runtime dynamic systems for physics based animation, impact interactions, destruction, water, cloth & hair sim, etc.
- Fully remote