(Closed) Esports Director
This position is responsible for the day to day operations, mission and program development of Florida Tech's Esports program and will successfully lead and oversee the Esports team in a cost-effective manner. Will be responsible for the overall supervision of the Esports program at Florida Tech, which may include supervision of Assistant coaches and work study students.
- Conduct recruitment activities in accordance with Florida Tech procedures.
- Coordinate recruitment and scholarship activities with the SVP for Student Affairs and the VP for Enrollment Management.
- Establish an effective schedule for practices and games. Also, league and tournament schedule coordination, travel and transportation, funding, etc.
- Oversee the academic progress of student athletes, monitor and aid in academic success in students progression to four year degree, aligned with Florida Tech expectations and national statistics. Participate in continuing educaion.
- Prepare a budget within established guidelines from the VP of Finance or direct supervisor/department.
- Organize and direct the fundraising strategies and activities for the Esports program.
- Organize and manage summer camps for prospective Esports student-athletes and increase campus and community engagement.
- Keep current of rolling updates and patches as metagame evolves for multiple games.
- Some coaching duties required and will assist in the evaluation of coaches, ovesight of coaching staff, support staff and student workers.
- Promote and provide marketing ideas, implement and execute for successful attendance at Esports events by providing information and interaction for students, faculty, staff and the public.
- Assist the marketing and athletic departments with maintaining the Esports webpage. Also coordinate television, print and radio information.
- Manage and maintain arena and/or player area, follow university procedures associated with the purchase of equipment, perform other athletic administrative duties as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelor's degress required.
- Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of how to run a budget effectively and efficiently.
- Higher education and/or traditional sport operation knowledge a plus.
- Successful recruiting and coaching experience at the high school or college level preferred.
- Metagame knowledge of relevant game titles (League of Legends, Overwatch, etc.) required.
- Knowledge of relevant strategies, play patterns and dynamics of competitive play preferred.
- Ability to interact with students, parents, admission staff and the public in a positive way.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience required in area of expertise.
* Official transcripts of all collegiate work must be sent directly from the attended institution to the Human Resources Office prior to the first day of employment. All international degrees must have a course-by-course official evaluation and translation sent to the Human Resources Office directly from an evaluation company affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). *Required certification or license must be uploaded when submitting application for employment.
(HITMARKER NOTE: You'd be doing us a real solid if you let FIT know where you found this job post when you apply!)