(Closed) Student Staff Attendant, eSports and Gaming Arena
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence.
For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit our jobs page.
FAU Student Union is seeking Student Staff Attendants, eSports and Gaming Arena.
The Student Staff, eSports and Gaming Center shall be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the University Center’s eSports Arena and Gaming Center. The University Centers area is a unit of the Division of Student Affairs at Florida Atlantic University (“FAU”).
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Takes direction from the FAU Union Professional staff in the oversight of the operations in the eSports and gaming arena.
- Opens and closes the facility.
- Maintains a clean, germ free environment by making sure stations are kept sanitized.
- Works with Custodial on cleaning schedule and sanitizer and towel replenishment.
- Provides set-up for competitions and practices.
- Graphic Design along with supporting ideas for Marketing and Social Media.
- Keeping up to date with the professional and collegiate scene.
- Ensuring that the school is in tune with the gaming community at FAU through feedback surveys.
- Helping network the school with the industry, including sponsors and professional gaming teams.
- Helping student organizations understand their place in the Arena.
- Creating promotional strategies for the program to get students into the arena.
- Full time FAU student (12 credit hours) with a consistent GPA above 3.0.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with PC and console gaming.
- IT Background or major a plus.
- Must be able to take direction.
College or Department:
Work Days and Hours:
Monday – Friday, 20 hours.
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume is required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.
This recruitment has been reopened; all previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply. This position may close without prior notice.