UI Artist - VR Gaming
We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
To achieve this vision we are first building the world’s first virtual gym. We started life in a garden shed in Woking. Today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR, one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores.
We have big plans for the future, and our growing team of developers, marketers and fitness gurus are working to create some truly iconic games to show that staying fit and having fun are not mutually exclusive.
As a Senior UI Artist you will be responsible for creating interfaces and overlays to support gameplay and core functionality. You will help establish workflows, incremental features and improve user experience to help us continue building world-class VR games.
- Create and maintain high-quality assets for user interfaces.
- Help establish and improve our UI creation pipeline.
- Interact with other disciplines to push our tools and pipelines.
- Define interactions and transitions.
- Provide creative solutions and input on projects.
- Perform within production schedules whilst maintaining high-quality work.
- Contribute towards building new workflows and techniques.
- Help artists to ensure assets are created correctly for implementation.
- relevant experience in a similar role with multiple games shipped.
- A portfolio showcasing your graphic design and UI skills.
- Solid understanding of UI production in Unity.
- Skilled with design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, After Effects and Adobe XD.
- A deep understanding of UX.
- Experience creating documentation, briefs, style guides and concepts to support and hold the vision.
- Strong problem-solving skills and troubleshooting.
- A solid understanding of animation, composition and colour.
- Good communication and attitude towards feedback and collaboration.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Exceptional ability to optimise projects without compromising visual quality.
- Ability to work autonomously in a timely manner.
- Ability in secondary areas such as marketing assets, concept art or motion design.
- Knowledge of shader creation tools towards UI.
- Understanding of current art and design trends.
- Previous AR/VR experience is a plus.
Our principles of play
- Commitment - We are joined in our mission and support and motivate each other to achieve great things.
- Independence - We’ll leave it up to you to use your own judgment and do your job the way you know best.
- Open-Mindedness - We continually question the status quo
- Communication - Effective communication is crucial to our success
- Respect - We listen to and learn from each other, and recognise how our own beliefs and actions affect the wider team.
- 🧘♂️ Flexible hours 40-hour working week (core working hours typically 10-4.30)
- 💴 six-monthly pay reviews (salary from £40,000 to £50,000)
- 💻 brand new equipment and VR headset
- ⛑ Private Health insurance
- 🧳 Unlimited leave policy, the average FiXR takes 35 days
- 🚴 Annual travel pass & Cycle to work scheme
- 📚 Learning budget - £800 per annum
- 🧘♂️ Wellness budget - £600 per annum
- 🏖 Bi-annual offsite and regular get-togethers
- 😀 A great team of talented individuals who love what we do