Senior Environment Artist
First Contact Entertainment seeks a talented Senior Environment Artist to join our Art Department. The ideal candidate has experience developing AAA titles and a passion for creating rich gameplay environments.
- Craft believable and immersive environments for Next-Gen VR
- Reinforce the game narrative through environmental storytelling
- Work with Art Direction and Production to deliver high-quality assets
- Break complex art goals into clearly definable and deliverable tasks
- Optimize levels for run-time performance
- Collaborate with other creative leaders across the team to ensure assets and environments have strong visual aesthetics and excellent game play utility
- Work with team leadership and Production to accurately detail, plan work and tasks for yourself and other team members
- Guide and mentor other artists
- 5+ years industry experience
- Expert knowledge of 3D game engine pipelines and understanding the constraints of real time engines.
- Advanced skill in their discipline content authoring software. Unreal, Maya, Photoshop, Substance, and similar software.
- Excellent foundational Art skills. Understanding of composition, form, color, and light in relation to crafting environments.
- Strong narrative and environmental storytelling skills with regards to set dressing and world building.
- Deep understanding of modular workflows as it relates to architectural assembly and asset creation.
- High-level of creativity and independence; requiring little oversight.
- Proactively helps to identify and fix problems, including both authoring and run-time issues.
- Good communication skills and a positive team mentality.
- Unreal experience
- Organizational skills for documentation of work
Submission/ Portfolio Requirements
- Cover Letter (optional)
- Portfolio or demo reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills
- Digital artwork submissions such as website, blog, or online album