Senior UI Artist
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
At Firewalk Studios, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Creating new worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team of amazing creators. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art, that captures the joy of playing together. We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment and we are actively looking to add passionate, visionary creators who thrive in environments where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team. Firewalk Studios is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios.
Firewalk Studios is looking for a Senior UI Artist who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. You will be responsible for creating industry leading visual design that translates into highly usable interface design from concept to final polish.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are personally driven to achieve excellence in both Visual and UX design. You have a strong foundation in graphic design and understand how that can translate into great game interfaces.
- You are comfortable translating design specs into wireframes/pitches and final visual design while communicating cross-team with designers, artists, and engineers.
- You have shipped at least one successful AAA title from start to finish or equivalent UI and/or visual design experience.
- You have a passion for games, find time to play, and empathize deeply with our players, because you are a gamer at heart.
- Experience with the Unreal Engine 4 is a big plus.
- Great to have skills include: Knowledge of any 3D package (Cinema4d, Blender, Substance Designer, etc.), real-time VFX or motion graphics experience.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Meeting with our UI/UX Lead and Game Designers to review your most recent work.
- Participating in playtests to see how the UI is working in context and giving holistic notes on the game as a whole.
- Conceptualizing and implementing new UI elements alongside team members and partner teams.
- Iterating on the minutiae of the UI elements because individual pixels can be the difference between greatness and mediocrity.
- Meeting with your team manager to plan your career goals for the next year.
- At least 2 years of experience in game development or similar industries
- A portfolio of consistently high-quality work within the combined areas of UI design: visual mock-ups, color palette choices, iconography, typography, and motion design
- Proficient to expert knowledge in: Adobe Creative Suite and Prototyping software (XD, Figma, Sketch, Framer, etc.)
- Hands-on experience implementing UI with game engine tools (Unreal Engine heavily preferred)
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers at Firewalk are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.