PvE Modes Designer
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
At Firewalk Studios, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Creating new worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team of amazing creators. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art, that captures the joy of playing together. We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment and we are actively looking to add passionate, visionary creators who thrive in environments where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team. Firewalk Studios is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios.
Our studio is looking for a PvE Modes Designer who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our PvE Modes Designer, you will be responsible for creating genre-changing player-vs-environment experiences, with a focus on excellent combat, dynamic encounters, & strong pacing.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are extraordinarily passionate about mode design in shooters. You enjoy picking apart your favorite shooter games and imagining how you would make them better.
- You are an accomplished modes designer. You have an impressive portfolio of shipped solo or co-op experiences.
- You take pride in your ability to collaborate with others. You can create insightful best practices, communicate in a way that is inspiring, and keep everyone feeling empowered and creatively aligned.
- You can reliably put other disciplines in a position to do their best work and create inspiring team dynamics.
- You have a great touch for integrating narrative into your work and working successfully with writers and narrative design.
- You are incredibly knowledgeable about mode design tools and workflow. You can work directly with tools engineers to make sure we have truly exceptional tools.
- You have significant experience working on Live games and understand how it changes game development.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Iterating on the latest PvE Mode idea with the team.
- Playtesting the game and giving candid notes on how we can improve it
- Collaborating with combatant design on a spec for a new combatant type
- Working with other designers to update our encounter design best practices
- You have shipped at least two successful "AAA" titles from start to finish, or equivalent game development experience.
- You have strong knowledge and experience of modern Shooter Mode Design.
- You have a strong desire to push PVE Mode experiences in new and exciting directions.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine is a big plus.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers at Firewalk are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.