ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
At Firewalk Studios, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Creating new worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team of amazing creators. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art, that captures the joy of playing together. We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment and we are actively looking to add passionate, visionary creators who thrive in environments where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team. Firewalk Studios is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios.
Our studio is looking for an experienced Lead Character Artist who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Character team is responsible for building world-class characters.
WHO YOU ARE
- You value mentorship and are always on the lookout for opportunities to support your team and help them grow in their craft.
- You have strong technical skills that can be leveraged to help your team create cutting-edge characters.
- You have a deep understanding of high-end character content pipelines, toolsets, and modern workflows (Ex. Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer).
- You are proactive about elevating your teams concerns to the larger team and making sure that your discipline is well represented.
- You are good at gathering project information that is relevant to your team and sharing it with them.
- You have a collaborative mentality and are proactive about reaching out to other disciplines leads to align on goals and solutions.
- You lead by example in your willingness to grow, share and motivate others.
- You strive for excellence in character modeling/texturing.
- Your portfolio reflects your experience, your love for creating characters, and your technical mastery of your tools.
- You believe that technical passion and common decency can and should exist harmoniously. You model that every day, using clear, direct, kind communication, both verbal and written.
- You pride yourself in your ability to effectively listen to and communicate with every member of your team in a way that inspires a confident and respectful workplace.
- You are well-versed in modern tools and techniques for creating optimized and textured game-ready content, with an eye towards the cutting edge.
- You are excited about pushing the art bar and the gameplay experiences your models bring to the game.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Meeting with the Art Director to review the team’s work and support them in upholding the art style pillars of the game.
- Collaborate with Designers, Concept Artists, Animators, and Tech Artists to talk about Character goals.
- Joining a playtest to evaluate how your team’s assets are playing and to give notes on the entire game.
- Create high-quality character models from block out to in-game polished assets.
- Work closely with other disciplines to bring a visually memorable, great-playing character to life.
- Meeting with your team to help them plan their career goals for the next year.
- Provide feedback and support on workflow and tools for your team.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine
- Technical skillsets: Scripting, Animating, Rigging, Concepting, etc.
- Traditional Art skills: Drawing, Painting, Sculpting, etc.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers at Firewalk are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.