We are looking for a VFX Artist to join us at Firesprite and assist with the delivery of a blockbuster VR action adventure title. This is an exceptionally exciting AAA VR action-adventure title, utilising the full immersive capabilities of VR.
- Creating and designing high quality real-time visual FX for characters, environments and gameplay.
- Assist in establishing the visual style of the VFX alongside the Art Director and Design team.
- Optimizing visual effects for performance while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Maintain the production pipeline and meeting deadlines.
- Working closely with other departments while creating and implementing VFX assets.
- The ability to work from photo reference or concept art, or found footage to deliver a fully game ready asset including texturing and shading in game engine.
- To deliver on the spec given by the Art Director by helping to set and maintain a high-quality bar for the projects VFX.
- Must have been part of a full dev-cycle of at least 1 shipped game.
- Experience in creating a variety of game-ready visual effects and a strong understanding of the relevant technical requirements.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and the Niagara editor.
- Knowledge of Houdini, specifically RBD (rigid body dynamics).
- Experience with baked and real time destruction simulation.
- Outstanding creativity and a desire to contribute ideas to the project.
- Friendly and approachable personality
- Highly self-motivated and show initiative
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Must have a passion and understanding of what makes AAA games great.
Additional or desired skills:
- Console development experience would be advantageous
- Advanced knowledge of Maya.
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work remotely within the UK
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.