Senior Level Designer (Narrative Adventure)
We are looking for a Senior Level Designer to create and deliver world class quality locations for a AAA branching narrative adventure game. Taking responsibility across a multi-discipline team, you will create compelling content that generates meaningful gameplay possibilities, supporting and altering the flow of the characters’ choices and stories.
The game is at an early stage and the successful candidate will play a role in shaping the game. As such, this role is for a very experienced person with a great track record who can be hugely additive to the game.
- Taking the narrative intent for a level and designing compelling gameplay
- Blocking out whole levels
- Presenting your blockouts to the cross-discipline teams to ensure the team are pulling in the same direction
- Ensure narrative and cinematic pacing is also correct in your levels (as part of a multi-discipline team)
- Design and implementing the puzzles in your levels
- Scripting events as needed
- Reviewing other levels
- Seeing your levels through to full release
- Working with the Lead Designer to ensure great use of existing mechanics
- You are ultimately responsible for the overall quality and delivery of your levels
- Familiarity with 3D modelling to allow for quick blockout iteration
- Basic working knowledge of Unreal 4 (or similar engine)
- A love and passion for story and character driven games
- Solid working knowledge of cinematic and storytelling techniques
- Obsessive about delivering the very best player experience
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Pro-active communication
- Ability to deliver high quality work on time
- Receptive to feedback and happy to show your work early as you appreciate the importance of rapid iteration
- Many years of professional game development experience with successful delivery of high-quality games in a similar role
You are an extremely creative person who has had success in their career so far and is looking for a big chance to craft a AAA branching narrative cinematic adventure game. You have the technical capabilities to bring your ideas to life and the motivation to take the next big step in your career.
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work remotely within the UK
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.