Senior Level Designer (Actions Shooter)
We are looking for a Senior Level Designer to design and create amazing gameplay spaces on a ground-breaking next generation PvP shooter project with a Games as a Service focus. This is a AAA quality original IP at an exciting stage! The opportunity is to join at the earliest stages of a multi-year development and help shape an incredible new game experience.
The project is a huge multi-platform next-generation action shooter experience with a heavy focus on Games as a Service, looking to bring unique mechanics and a bombastic tone to blow the doors off and bring something new to the genre!
- Owning large sections of the game world and being responsible for delivering the
- Designing and blocking out original and exciting level
- Iterating gameplay spaces to make them play brilliantly
- Creating briefs for junior members of the team to follow, which deliver on the vision of the Game Director
- Reviewing work from junior members of the team, and providing actionable feedback that drives the game forward
- An involvement in most creative areas of the game beyond LD
- Presenting your designs to the team
- Accurately planning your work
- Ability to deliver high-quality work on time, and with virtually no guidance from others
- Exceptional creativity and design skills
- Basic modelling capabilities with Maya / 3DSMax
- UE4 experience is a distinct advantage, but not essential
- Good knowledge of industry standard packages (MS Office, Hansoft/Jira, Perforce etc)
- Working knowledge of Agile development
- Friendly and approachable personality
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Pro-active communication with the wider team
- Shipped at least 1 game in a similar role
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role desired
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS:
- Knowledge of architectural design and latest trends and technology in level design
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Pension Plans
- Work From Home
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.