Senior Gameplay Animator (Narrative Adventure)
We're looking for Senior Gameplay Animator to bring the world of a dark, story-driven next generation ‘Narrative Adventure’ to life. Working closely with other teams, you’ll thrive on developing and delivering playable animations to the highest quality possible.
We’re aiming for a specificity of character and emotion that delivers distinct performance, heightens player immersion, and sets a new bar for gameplay character animation. As a part of the animation team, you will be instrumental in bringing that ambition to life.
With genre-defining goals, this title has AAA ambitions and a strong focus on character. We are taking atmosphere, storytelling, player-agency and narrative into ground-breaking territory, on next-gen technology.
As a senior in a collaborative team, you will create high quality gameplay animation assets and systems. You’ll find creative solutions, artistic, technical or both, to deliver that specificity on a range of characters and other animated elements.
- Create believable human / non-human keyframe and motion capture animation.
- Take charge of animation system and/or design features, revising and refining with dcc and in-engine tools.
- Work with related disciplines on block-out to final animations & systems, that work seamlessly with non-gameplay animation if required.
- Contribute to the artistic & technical gameplay animation goals for the project.
- Collaborate with all teams on animation workflows & pipeline development.
- Proven experience as a Senior Animator on at least one shipped PC or console title
- Solid knowledge of animation principles and an eye for dynamic poses, strong in keyframe animation and motion capture methods.
- A deep understanding of human behaviour, strong sense of expressing character through movement.
- Experienced in developing animation for game engines and movement systems; working with motion capture data and relevant pipelines; working with Unreal Engine or similar.
- Excellent knowledge of Maya
- One shipped title in this position
Additional or Desired Skills:
- Experience of animating creatures or animals.
- Shooting and directing motion capture for gameplay animation.
- Knowledge UE4 or similar engines.
- Advanced Motionbuilder experience
- Experience working on a AAA title.
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work remotely within the UK
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.