Senior Combat Designer (Action Adventure)
We're looking for a Senior Combat Designer to assist with the delivery of a blockbuster action adventure title. This is an exceptionally exciting project, with a passionate and committed development team who are striving to build a thrilling game experience. As a Combat Designer you will closely collaborate with other disciplines to craft combat features and combat scenarios to the highest standard. You will be flexible, highly motivated and approachable, and you will compose design documentation to a high standard.
- Working with the Game Director and other leads to imagine, develop and document
- combat scenarios that are impactful and fun for players.
- Taking these combat scenarios from initial ideation, through documentation, prototype,
- and to final quality.
- Owning multiple combat scenarios and working closely with animation, code level
- design and art teams to deliver a AAA quality combat experience.
- Creating and developing these combat scenarios and interactions in Unreal 4, diving into
- blueprints and support systems to develop and finesse combat encounters.
- Working with the production team to accurately plan your work.
- Assisting junior members of the design team.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work, with very little guidance from others.
- Exceptional creativity and design skills.
- Proven experience with character-driven gameplay systems on at least one project.
- Experience owning multiple features / combat encounters across a game.
- Knowledge of key combat design concepts especially with 'Boss Battle' style combat scenarios.
- An ability to develop lasting and productive relationships in a collaborative team with diverse perspectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A pro-active communicator that seeks to resolve issues.
- Professional game development experience with an impressive portfolio.
- VR experience would be a bonus but is not required.
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work remotely within the UK
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.