Senior Cinematic Artist (Narrative Adventure)
We're looking for a Senior Cinematic Artist to deliver a dark, story-driven next generation Narrative Adventure With genre-defining goals, this ambitious project takes visual storytelling and narrative, into ground-breaking territory on next-gen technology.
This title has AAA in its sights, with a strong focus on character, art and animation, it will be captured with a cinematic flair that draws on established cinematic language, blended uniquely to deliver a truly filmic gameplay experience.
As a senior cinematic artist, you will be able to bring a high level of finish to each scene, with minimal supervision outside of the creative direction.
- Development of cinematic sequences from storyboards, through previz to final quality.
- Interpret direction, to deliver the project’s desired look, feel and style.
- Elevate the cinematic storytelling through strong emotional and psychological camera and editing.
- Self-initiate shot and sequence construction.
- Editing in a consistent project style and quality.
- Communicate direction / visual principles to other team members / other departments.
- Deliver work in-engine for review that is visually strong and technically correct.
- A deep understanding of cinematic grammar including -
- Composition, staging in depth & light, lens choice and blocking of in-camera elements.
- Pacing, Tone, Genre.
- The ability to apply that knowledge to achieve to deliver potent cinematic scenes.
- A strong sense of visual rhythm in static compositions and in-motion.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates all of the above.
- Ability to animate realistic, real-world camera movement to a high fidelity.
- Working animation skills to rough-in animated elements for early blocking and staging.
- Comfortable working with motion capture and keyframe animation.
- Thorough working knowledge of Maya.
- Full knowledge of cinematic pipelines and workflow
- Good communicator who can manage their own work if required.
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS:
- Familiarity with the visual language of a range of genres a plus.
- Unreal Sequencer experience.
- Motionbuilder & Story Tools.
- Maya Sequencer
- Maya Time Editor & animation blending with clips
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work remotely within the UK
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.