(Closed) Render Programmer (Action Adventure)
We're looking for a Graphics / Rendering programmer to assist with the delivery of a VR action adventure project adapted from one of the most original and successful multimillion selling console IP titles in the last 10 years. This is an exceptionally exciting project, partnering with the IP holder to create a whole new chapter in the exciting and highly original universe they have established, utilising the full immersive capabilities in VR to build a new narrative for fans and newcomers alike.
- Work closely with the art director and lead artists to establish practical targets and budgets, and to support them in making the game look the best it possibly can.
- Evaluate the cost, feasibility and suitability of core rendering features and effects.
- Evangelise new, relevant graphical techniques and technology to take the game’s visuals to the next level.
- Take responsibility for the overall GPU performance of the game.
- Implement varied, bespoke graphics systems to support game visual features.
- Devise innovative solutions to overcome platform constraints.
- Produce robust, efficient, clear and maintainable code, while striving to reduce technical debt across the game.
- Exposure to Unreal 4 rendering pipeline internals, including lighting, materials, shaders, shadows, reflections.
- Excellent C++
- A broad knowledge of GPU architecture
- A broad knowledge of contemporary graphics techniques
- Strong working knowledge of shaders
- Strong API design / software engineering skills
- Strong 3D vector maths
- CPU and GPU profiling and optimisation experience
- An eye for the creative and aesthetic aspects of development
- At least one years’ experience in a similar role, ideally with at least one shipped title
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS:
- Console development experience would be advantageous.
- Experience developing for VR would be useful.
- Experience with Sony/PlayStation development tools would be beneficial.
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Pension Plans
- Work From Home
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.