Lead Concept Artist (Narrative Adventure)
Liverpool, UK / Remote within UK
We offer a very competitive package, which is dependent on experience.
We're looking for a Lead Concept Artist to support leadership in the creation and realisation of the game vision on a dark, story-driven next generation 'Narrative Adventure' with genre defining goals.
This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies.
This is an ambitious, AAA project with a heavy focus on art, animation and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
- Build and lead a team of concept artists
- Work closely with the Art Director to develop and deliver the highest standard of art assets and processes
- Research and collect visual materials to help define and improve the visual style and contents of the game
- Develop a positive and energetic team culture
- Bring your own experience of best working practices to the team
- Identify shortfalls in skills and support ongoing recruitment efforts to grow the Concept Artist team
- Proven experience as a Lead Concept Artist on at least one shipped PC or console title
- Strong traditional Fine Art skills
- A detailed understanding of architecture, exterior spaces and anatomy
- High level art skills in drawing, painting, environment, props, perspective, architecture, characters, anatomy
- A good eye for composition and visual design principles
- Excellent understanding of light and colour
- Expert level knowledge of Photoshop or equivalent software
- Have a strong portfolio of compelling environment and character designs
- Experience with people management, skills development and mentoring
Additional or desired skills:
- A portfolio that shows versatility and a range of styles
- Experience working on a AAA title
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, please email your C.V. com with the Job Code or hit the apply button below.