Lead Animator (Action Shooter)
We are looking for a Lead Animator to work on a ground-breaking next generation PvP shooter project with a Games as a Service focus. This is a AAA quality original IP at an exciting stage! The opportunity is to join at the earliest stages of a multi-year development and help shape an incredible new game experience.
The project is a huge multi-platform next generation action shooter experience with a heavy focus on Games as a Service, looking to bring unique mechanics and a bombastic tone to blow the doors off and bring something new to the genre!
- Work closely with the Art Director and Technical Animation Lead to develop and refine animation workflows and pipelines
- Liaise with the Technical Animation Lead to drive the rig and iteration of character rigs
- Ensure that the work of the team follows the quality standards, artistic direction and set deadlines
- Develop a positive and energetic team culture
- Bring your own experience of best working practices to the team
- Build and lead a team of Animators
- Work with Dev Managers to ensure a realistic time estimates are given
- Identify shortfalls in skills and support ongoing recruitment efforts to grow the Animation team
- Proven experience as a Lead Animator on at least one shipped PC or console title
- Experience working on a AAA title
- A good level of technical expertise
- Proven experience with hand key animation for game
- Excellent knowledge of Maya and Motion Builder
- A deep understanding of body movement, spatial awareness and ability to adapt to different animation styles
- Previous experience with Unreal Engine or a proprietary engine
- Have an understanding of mo-cap rigs at a high level
- Experience with people management, skills development and mentoring
- Can do attitude and ability to positively influence a team.
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS:
- Any experience with UE4 Maya Animation Rigging Toolset (ART)
- Experience working with motion capture data and pipelines
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Pension Plans
- Work From Home
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.