(Closed) Game Designer (Scripting)
We are looking for a Game Designer to create and deliver exceptional quality level and gameplay content for a AAA branching narrative adventure game in Unreal 4. Working alongside an experienced level designer, you will be responsible for scripting the events and features that make up the gameplay content with Blueprints.
Additionally, you will have creative input into the content itself, supporting the level designer to develop meaningful gameplay possibilities, supporting and altering the flow of the characters’ choices and stories. Furthermore, as features are developed within these levels, you will be responsible for extending them to deliver reusable and enjoyable mechanics that can be utilised across the entire game.
- In Unreal 4, scripting level content and gameplay mechanics within the level
- Working alongside Level Designers to deliver on a shared vision for the level content and flow
- Ensuring technical robustness and enjoyable gameplay throughout all content and mechanics
- Imagining and documenting features and mechanics which can be extended and deployed throughout the game
- Taking these features from initial ideation, through documentation, prototype, and full production
- Owning features and working with cross-discipline teams to deliver AAA quality
- Accurately planning your work
- Ability to deliver high-quality work, within the vision of the Level Designer and Leads
- Strong knowledge of Unreal 4, especially Blueprints
- Exceptional creativity and design skills
- Love of narrative-driven games
- Basic knowledge of cinematic techniques
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Commited to delivering the very best player experience
- Pro-active communication
- Working knowledge of Agile development
- Professional game development experience and a portfolio that demonstrates technical and creative skills
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work remotely within the UK
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.