Electronic Arts' Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne is regarded throughout the industry as a leader in delivering high-quality, engaging games on iOS and Android. We release new meaningful updates on a regular basis for our live service mobile games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay, Need for Speed, and The Sims Mobile
We are looking for a dedicated Technical Artist to join us in developing AAA mobile games. You will work with other creative developers and report to a lead engineer.
- The Technical Artist (TA) acts as a bridge between the artists and engineers. They are considered part of the art team and work closely with artists, project managers, SEs and the Technical Art team.
- Responsibilities include art production workflows, tools, pipelines, asset optimization/integration and shader development. They are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their project and bring them to resolution. This often includes delegating to/mentoring more junior staff on the team.
- Technical Artists will proactively design and develop new tools for artists and strive to improve efficiency. They will assist artists with technical issues, tools and best practices.
- At least 2 years of cinematic/games production experience. You have completed more than 1 AAA game/movie. A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a related field is desired.
- You can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science background; however you must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science.
- Effective at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
- Proficient scripting/programming in Python, MaxScript and C#. (C++ is a bonus, but is not required).
- Experience in Unity or Unreal a plus.
- Expert knowledge of various DCC packages: Maya, 3ds max, Photoshop - Bonus points for Houdini, Substance Designer.
- Excellent debugging and problem solving in 3d production environments.
- Experience with asset optimization challenges/techniques.
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- A passion for games!
What’s in it for you?
We want EA to be the ultimate destination to make great content and experiences. Everything we’re doing here is about creating a culture, environment, and company where you can do the best work of your career – so there’s that. There’s also:
- A health allowance, to cover the cost of private health insurance for you and your family
- Life and salary continuance insurance
- An employee assistance program, including coaching and therapy sessions to support your wellbeing
- An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers
- 17.5% annual leave loading – yes, we’ll pay you extra to take a break!
- Bonus end of year leave days – time off between Christmas and New Years, no annual leave necessary
- Volunteer leave and charitable donation matching
- A fitness reimbursement program – $$ to go towards your fitness expenses (memberships and at home equipment)
- Free EA games, of course!
About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.