Senior Analytics Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Senior Analytics Manager
Electronic Arts’ Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne, Australia is highly regarded throughout the industry as a leading mobile game studio. We release new meaningful updates on a regular basis for games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay, Need for Speed, and The Sims Mobile.
We are hiring a Senior Analytics Manager to support the Firemonkeys Studio. This is a key role with high visibility whose accomplishments will be predicated on the larger success of the games that this role supports. It’s essential that our game teams and EA (in general) have the most state-of-the-art information, insights, and data products available at any point in time – that will be a significant part of the remit of the team that this role will be charged with leading. You will report to the Director or Mobile Analytics.
Games and gaming are changing. Over the next few years, that change is going to accelerate and without the proper knowledge and toolsets to exploit this, many developers will struggle to keep up with it. Our job on this team is to ensure that our studios are equipped with as much insight and clarity as possible to not only keep pace but become the shapers of that evolution, to help EA lead into the future. We find that exciting and we hope that you do, too.
- Manage the short-term priorities of your teams while still focusing on the long-term vision for the games and how data can continue to evolve the player experience
- Lead a team of analysts to analyze the impact of features and live services within our games and provide recommendations in a clear, understandable, and actionable way that will affect future iterations.
- Bring various analysis techniques to model trends in our data to predict the ways in which new content and campaigns will affect the economy, its performance, and our players.
- Bring advanced analytics techniques (e.g. ML and clustering) to solve challenges in achieving our business goals.
- Collaborate with data engineering groups to set up processes and best practices to ensure good data quality
- 4+ years of experience of doing complex quantitative analysis to help guide decisions, preferably in a consumer products-oriented industry (e.g. gaming, entertainment, e-commerce, mobile apps)
- 2+ years of managing teams of data scientists or analysts with a technical background
- Experience with experimental design and applied statistics in an industry setting
- Experience with other programmatic data analysis tools (e.g. R and Python) in an industry setting
- Experience with data visualization applications (e.g. Looker, R Shiny)
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.