Firaxis Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled Environment Artist to help take the team that brought you Civilization VI to the next level. As an Environment Artist, you will be working closely with the Lead Environment Artist and Project Art Director to create high quality assets that match the look and feel of the game world. The ideal candidate must have a solid grasp of modeling and texturing both organic and hard surfaced assets, as well as an excellent working knowledge of the tools and skills listed below. We’re looking for a self-motivated, positive team-player who shares our passion for making great games!
- Create high quality textured hard surface and organic 3D art that adhere to the project’s vision while working with a team of environment artists in accomplishing the same.
- Collaborate closely with the engineering and art teams to create beautiful and believable worlds without sacrificing performance, readability and gameplay.
- Help establish pipelines for creating real time 3D assets for gameplay levels.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in game development modeling and texturing environments using ZBrush, 3DS Max, and Substance Painter (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs).
- At least one shipped product as an environment artist.
- A solid understanding of form, silhouette, color and lighting.
- Solid understanding of texturing, material creation, and physically based rendering (PBR) workflows.
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities and the ability to develop or optimize new or existing pipelines.
- Knowledge of Substance workflow a plus.
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written.
- Must have current U.S. work authorization.
- Relocation assistance provided
- Flexible work hours
- Family friendly work environment
- And more!
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use Firaxis.com or 2K.com accounts.