Firaxis Games is seeking a talented and inspired designer to join our award-winning development team. We are looking for someone with experience designing movement, cameras, and combat systems in 3rd person games. Firaxis is a highly collaborative and iterative environment, therefore we are looking for someone who can communicate easily and effectively with coders, designers, and artists.
- Design relationship between player inputs and the reactions of on-screen character, and the representation in the game’s camera.
- Details including button mapping, character control, ability use, camera manipulation, and more
- Work closely with artists and engineers to deliver visuals that support the design.
- Collaborate with other designers and leadership to build complimentary systems, features, and content.
- Utilize objective data and feedback from user-testing to iterate, fix, and improve designs.
- Provide input on menu controls and feedback.
- Identify, offer feedback/solutions, and iterate on existing game design shortcomings.
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns to their manager.
- 3+ years industry experience as a Combat or 3C designer (camera, control, character)
- Shipped a 3rd person game as a Combat or 3C designer role.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and passionate about making games.
- Must be flexible with schedule changes and shifting timetables.
- Unreal Engine 4+ experience.
Knowledge and experience with C/C++ or a scripting language a plus.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use F2K.com accounts.