Lead VFX Artist
Final Strike Games is looking for a talented Lead VFX Artist to help create some of the most inspiring visual effects in the industry. The ideal candidate possesses a critical understanding of VFX creation principals as well as a proven track record of leading and managing VFX teams across AAA titles. They possess a strong understanding of particle systems and particle movement in a practical and digital sense. This candidate can rapidly prototype VFX, as well as produce AAA in-game VFX for characters, weapons and worlds. In order to apply for this role, please be prepared to provide a portfolio showcasing top-notch examples of in-game visual effects across several shipped titles, and core leadership abilities.
- Report directly to the Art Director
- Collaborate proactively with all departments to ensure finalized asset’s form, function and technical requirements are met.
- Shepherd the process of building industry-leading VFX
- Get hands on when needed and contribute through building FX prototypes and finished assets
- Identify and demonstrate VFX trends that help improve pipeline and process across the VFX department and studio.
- Effectively implement feedback from the Art Director while advancing the established animation style.
- Manage timelines and tasks across the game's needs and requirements.
- 10+ Years of experience as a lead or senior VFX artist
- Minimum 2 AAA shipped titles
- Exceptional understanding and demonstration of animation principles
- Experience building VFX for multiplayer combat/action
- A passion for creating beautiful and awe inspiring VFX
- Expert skills in Maya, AfterEffects, Photoshop (or equivalent software).
- A critical understanding and practice of Unreal using the latest VFX toolsets
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Able to independently and creatively solve VFX technical challenges
- Absolute love for playing and making video games
About Final Strike Games
Final Strike Games is a multiplayer focused game studio founded by industry veterans. FSG is currently developing AAA experiences for PC and Console.
Final Strike Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please let us know.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’re currently operating under a work-from-home model and even so, we're still interviewing and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start as a remote position which will transition to a more standard office position when it's perfectly safe to do so, based on science and best health practices. We understand people's circumstances may vary and will work with you to explore the best possible solutions for your individual needs during the pandemic.