Lead Environment Artist
Final Strike Games is looking for a talented Lead Environment Artist to help create some of the most inspiring worlds in the industry. The ideal candidate possesses a strong understanding of world building from a traditional and technical standpoint, an exceptional portfolio, as well as a proven track record of leading and managing environment art teams across AAA titles. They possess high-quality modelling and pipeline skills, and a strong understanding of mood/scale/atmosphere/lighting displayed through storytelling across AAA titles. In order to apply for this role, please be prepared to provide a portfolio showcasing successful examples of world building from beginning to end for several shipped titles and core leadership abilities.
- Report directly to the Art Director
- Shepherd industry-leading worlds and props as well as lighting and atmosphere (models, textures, materials, etc).
- Get hands on when needed and contribute through modelling and building world assets.
- Identify and demonstrate modelling trends that help improve pipeline and process across the environment department and studio.
- Collaborate proactively with all departments to ensure finalized asset’s form, function and technical requirements are met.
- Effectively implement feedback from the Art Director while advancing the established art style.
- Manage timelines and tasks across the game's needs and requirements.
- 10+ Years of experience as a lead or senior environment artist
- Minimum 2 AAA shipped titles
- Exceptional understanding of foundational art theory (silhouette, shape, color, value, form, light).
- Experience creating environment architecture, terrain, and prop assets
- At minimum, have a baseline understanding of content optimization and best practices for creating art efficiently for real time performance.
- Expert skills in Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, Photoshop (or equivalent software).
- Unreal Engine knowledge a plus
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Able to independently and creatively solve world building technical challenges
- Absolute passion for playing and making video games
About Final Strike Games
Final Strike Games is a multiplayer focused game studio founded by industry veterans. FSG is currently developing AAA experiences for PC and Console.
Final Strike Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please let us know.