Senior Game Designer
We're looking for a Senior Game Designer to join our team! Due to current events, we're looking for someone to initially work remotely, but the role will be in studio as soon as things return to normal.
- Create fun and compelling game levels that explore the games core mechanics in interesting ways.
- Concepting gameplay mechanics, rulesets and integration and documenting concisely.
- Writing easy to follow, hard to misinterpret design specs
- Work closely with other disciplines such as art and engineering to create a solid experience.
- Testing and debugging levels to ensure concepts are viable.
- Utilising gameplay to support and enhance narrative storytelling experience.
- Reviewing, feedback and balancing skills to ensure the levels fits with the overall direction of the game.
- Communication with the rest of the team to keep transparency of goals, deadlines and expectations.
- Knowledge of the Unity engine with a firm grasp of tools and workflow.
- Great understanding of game design, mechanics, flow, balance, pacing, etc.
- Visual skills, as a level designer you will be laying out the gameplay areas and space to help communicate narrative and intentions of the level.
- Problem solving skills to resolve issues using the mechanics and tools provided.
- Some technical knowledge regarding game engines and limitations.
- Minimum of three years experience working as a Level Designer.
Coordination, Timekeeping and organisational skills
What We Offer
- 20 days paid annual leave plus all UK bank holidays (28 days total)
- Flexible hours
- Central Location: Close to Leeds city center, 15 minute walk from Leeds train station, 6 minute walk from Leeds bus station. Plenty of nearby choices for food, gyms, bars and other amenities.
- Relaxed work environment with space for social events such as game jams, movie and game nights.
- Occasional team activities such as cinema, lunch out, industry events and more.
- Please include a CV/ Resume in your email.