(Closed) Lead Frontend Developer
FanAI (www.fanai.io) is a fan analytics startup based in Santa Monica, CA.
The acknowledged leader in esports audience analytics, we’ve created sponsorship marketplace that helps rights holders monetize their fans and brands optimize their sponsorship spend by delivering actionable audience insights and offline attribution to drive improved sponsorship outcomes.
Reporting into our VP of Technology, you will define the front-end architecture and lead building our website. You’ll take responsibility for the quality, performance and security of our front-end codebase, and have a key role in ensuring we maintain high standards with regards to customer experience across the board.
As the Front-End Engineering Lead, you should expect to have several direct supervisees, particularly in the front-end engineering team, whose wellbeing and growth you will be responsible for, and whose regular one-to-ones and performance reviews you’ll be expected to conduct. You’ll also be centrally-involved in ensuring appropriate resource allocations to maximize that team’s output, and in the hiring process for front-end and back-end engineers.
You’ll be heavily Product-oriented, and your role will require you to keep a strong eye on cross-platform and performant UI development, and to support on the marketing side of the business as appropriate. You’ll be a key leader in technology assessment and integration across the front-end stack.
Within the Product context, you’ll be expected to design for scale, find repeatable models for displaying complex data visualizations, and to work with the back-end engineering team to optimize performance and responsiveness.
You’ll take responsibility, in partnership with Scrum Master(s) and Product leadership, for ensuring that the front-end engineering team operate as a high-functioning unit in our agile delivery organisation.
This Role is for you, if:
- You have deep expertise in understanding, selecting and implementing the appropriate frameworks and packages across different technology and infrastructure solutions
- You possess familiarity with the modern data visualization ecosystem and relevant practices: graph data, charting, performance considerations when working with large datasets, etc.
- You have a strong understanding of API performance fundamentals and related dev tools
- You’re experienced using asynchronous approaches to UI rendering
- You are proficient with Google Cloud Platform, Firebase/Firestore and React
- You have hands-on experience with development and deployment automation technologies
- You understand the benefits of TDD and are able to write maintainable unit tests
- You are able to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal forms, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams, as well as external client stakeholders
- You are comfortable with Agile delivery management tools and practices
- You have a mastery of Git and GitHub workflows
- You want to be part of the core team of FanAIteam and have the DNA to be part of a fast, vibrant, ever-changing tech startup
- Deep understanding of React/Redux
- 1+ year working with Typescript
- Jest or similar unit testing framework/libs
- General accessibility (WCAG 2.0)
- Performance profiling and debugging
Bonus Points for:
- Google Cloud Platform CI/CD
- Google Analytics
- Automation testing using tools such as Selenium, Webdriver.io, Cypress, etc
- Experience working on UI component libraries
- Data visualization with HighCharts, D3 or similar
- Full Health Benefits- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Paid Parking
- "Work from home Wednesdays"