Audio Software Engineer, Facebook Reality Labs
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking an innovative developer with a passion for innovation to push the state-of-the-art for AR & VR audio at our offices in Redmond, WA and Menlo Park, CA. This role is focused on developing the public facing APIs and algorithms for spatial audio. The position requires strong C++ coding skills, experience with DSP, game audio engines, and a bonus for experience using middleware solutions like Wwise, FMOD, Unity and/or Unreal.
- Analyze, design, develop and debug real time AR and VR audio algorithms.
- Collaborate in a team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, making the architectural tradeoffs required to rapidly deliver software solutions.
- Develop software for a variety of consumer devices, including speakers, AR and VR headsets.
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems, prioritize ruthlessly and get things done with a high level of efficiency.
- Learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of AR/VR problem solving.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5 or more years C++ experience, including use of C++11 features.
- 5 or more years’ experience creating audio software for games or other real time environments.
- Proven track record of software development experience, including shipping one or more products.
- Problem solving and optimization experience.
- Communication experience and demonstrated experience working across disciplines to drive optimal solutions.
- Background in DSP.
- Experience with one or more game audio engines: Wwise, FMOD, Unity and/or Unreal.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.