Senior Acquisition Manager (Marketing Growth)
Full Job Description
Exploding Kittens is a leading game and entertainment company with a mission to inspire people to connect, laugh, and play fun games in the physical world. After initially seeking to raise $10k through Kickstarter, Exploding Kittens’ campaign raised $8.7M in 30 days from 219,000 backers. To date, Exploding Kittens is the #1 most-backed project in Kickstarter history and the company has sold over 11 million games.
Started by former Xbox game designer Elan Lee and The Oatmeal’s founder Matt Inman, Exploding Kittens and its family of games recreates game night for a humorous and fun person-to-person experience. Today, there are seven games available for purchase: Exploding Kittens, Bears vs Babies, You’ve Got Crabs, Throw Throw Burrito, Throw Throw Burrito: Extreme, On a Scale of One to T-Rex, and Poetry for Neanderthals, as well as an Exploding Kittens mobile app that is one of the top 30 premium games on both iOS and Android.
At Exploding Kittens, the Marketing team is responsible for driving the strategy, execution, and measurement of marketing campaigns for all product releases. We’re looking for an experienced Senior Growth Manager, User Acquisition with strong analytical and creative thinking skills around all aspects of media buying, planning and ROI, to drive the eCommerce/DTC marketing funnel for EK’s portfolio of brands. As a member of our high-performing and fun team, you’ll drive sales through new customer acquisitions and retention campaigns-identifying growth opportunities throughout the consumer lifecycle. This role reports directly to the VP of Marketing.
HOW YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE:
- Build, execute, optimize, and scale media buys for acquisition and retention across all digital marketing channels including SEM, Google Adwords, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Amazon, Web, etc, and provide meaningful findings/results to key stakeholders team
- Define KPIs and own campaign execution and performance analysis on a weekly, monthly, and yearly basis; lead the decision-making for why, when, how, and where to allocate our paid advertising budget
- Ability to develop paid advertising strategies, growth-hack, and implement data-driven creative testing procedures. Manage all aspects of performance marketing for EK’s DTC site across paid social, retargeting, search, email, etc.
- Source and/or manage external agency partner(s), build campaign briefs, and work to ensure agency partners are aligned with EK’s overall business strategies, objectives, and are driving results
- Collaborate with Brand Manager, Social Media, and Marketing Manager to deliver on brand growth objectives. Present performance results across marketing channels, identify effective messaging, and ad creatives to continuously scale and optimize channel performance.
- Build models to ensure that the growth strategy is achieving ROAS, CVR, LTV, CAC, and attribution targets
- Partner with EK’s DTC & Shopify team to improve on-site conversion via DTC promotions/campaigns, user-experience, site-messaging, add-to-cart, and checkout
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Self-starter who thrives in a diverse, dynamic, entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and agile culture—someone who can build from the ground-up and leads through change and ambiguity
- Superior analytical, strategic, and critical thinking skills. Expert performance marketer with a deep and holistic understanding of the marketing funnel and DTC for growth stage brands
- Impeccable attention to detail, critical thinking, sharp analytical skills, and expert knowledge of Shopify and Paid Advertising platforms.
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills. An enthusiastic can-do attitude who can influence, inspire and motivate teams, partners, and agencies
- A friendly-team player with a positive attitude, and the ability to take and give feedback (no egos)
WHAT WE NEED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Statistics, Management or related fields
- 6+ years of experience in digital marketing in e-commerce, entertainment, gaming, or related industries
- Consumer Products, Retail, or DTC startup experience is highly preferred
- A strategist who can tactically utilize media tools within advertising channels/platforms, including tag management systems; build reports and analyze data; and implement A/B testing and experimentation that’s both accurate and rapid
- Strong project management, organizational, problem-solving, and analytical thinking skills
- Experience building creative testing strategies across multiple platforms and managing creative and media agencies
- Innovative, scrappy, resourceful, and with a proven track record of driving revenue growth
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written to clearly convey market dynamics, strategies, tactics, rationale, and results, to peers, agency, and executive stakeholders
- Highly proficient at Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to use SQL, Tableau, Adobe suite, Google Tag Manager, and confident knowledge of Google Analytics
- A sense of humor
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The company paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible spending account options (medical, dependent care, transit)401k with company matching
- Flexible paid vacation
- Executive coaching program
- Monthly wellness benefit + complimentary wellness subscriptions
- Complimentary lunches on Fridays (where we play games together!)
- Based in Los Angeles (though currently WFH until 2021)
Please apply directly at jobs.lever.co/explodingkittens. Make sure to include a PDF of your current resume along with a cover letter.