Full Stack Engineer
Exploding Kittens is a leading game and entertainment company with a mission to inspire people to connect, laugh, and play fun games in the physical world. After initially seeking to raise $10k through Kickstarter, Exploding Kittens’ campaign raised $8.7M in 30 days from 219,000 backers. To date, Exploding Kittens is the #1 most-backed project in Kickstarter history and the company has sold over 11 million games.
Started by former Xbox game designer Elan Lee and The Oatmeal’s founder Matt Inman, Exploding Kittens and its family of games recreates game night for a humorous and fun person-to-person experience. Today, there are seven games available for purchase: Exploding Kittens, Bears vs Babies, You’ve Got Crabs, Throw Throw Burrito, Throw Throw Burrito: Extreme, On a Scale of One to T-Rex, and Poetry for Neanderthals, as well as an Exploding Kittens mobile app that is one of the top 30 premium games on both iOS and Android.
Exploding Kittens is seeking to hire an experienced Full Stack Engineer, to be a founding member of a newly formed product team focused on building a best-in-class customer experience for our e-commerce product. Your work will have a direct and immediate impact in the world of game publishing.
Our ideal candidate has at least 4 years of hands-on engineering and is seeking the opportunity to work on e-commerce product development in a vibrant, established company that is growing and scaling. In this role you will own and have hands-on responsibility for producing the interactive front-end for a consumer level web application. This role reports to our Lead Engineer and works closely with our product and design leads.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Adaptability, excitement, and curiosity to learn
- An ambition to build a new platform from the ground up in pursuit of a significant market opportunity
- An absolute focus on great user experience and efficient architectures
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE:
- Develop reusable components, libraries, and UI widgets
- Work closely with UI/UX designers to build new features, iterate and perfect interactions, and ensure a validated experience ships
- Build out and maintain our e-commerce platform
- Design and implementation of back end services
- Build across a variety of environments (mobile, web apps, dashboards, etc.)
WHAT WE NEED:
- 4+ years experience developing web applications, primarily UI.
- Deep understanding of RESTful API design, and developing web applications that use RESTful apis.
- Experience with/Willingness to learn e-commerce development (specifically Shopify)
- Comfort and Experience working with Git as part of a team
- Hands-on experience in all phases of the product development cycle from concept to market launch
- The ability to partner and communicate effectively
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible spending account options (medical, dependent care, transit)
- 401k with company matching
- Flexible paid vacation
- Monthly wellness benefit + complementary wellness subscriptions
- Complimentary lunches on Fridays (where we play games together!)