Exploding Kittens is a leading game and entertainment company with a mission to inspire people to connect, laugh, and play fun games in the physical world. After initially seeking to raise $10k through Kickstarter, Exploding Kittens’ campaign raised $8.7M in 30 days from 219,000 backers. To date, Exploding Kittens is the #1 most-backed project in Kickstarter history and the company has sold over 11 million games.
Started by former Xbox game designer Elan Lee and The Oatmeal’s founder Matt Inman, Exploding Kittens and its family of games recreates game night for a humorous and fun person-to-person experience. Today, there are seven games available for purchase: Exploding Kittens, Bears vs Babies, You’ve Got Crabs, Throw Throw Burrito, Throw Throw Burrito: Extreme, On a Scale of One to T-Rex, and Poetry for Neanderthals, as well as an Exploding Kittens mobile app that is one of the top 30 premium games on both iOS and Android.
How You’ll Contribute
- Process financial information for data entry into accounting system
- Customer set-up and Sales order entry and processing
- Processing invoices, processing credit memos, accounts receivable collections, reseller permits, reconciliations of sales orders and invoices to shipments and documents.
- Communications with customers on sales order and invoices
- Accounts receivable aging reporting and collections
- Accounts receivable reconciliation to customer statements
- Preparation, compilation, reconciliation and of sales tax/VAT/GST information
- Record and reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts against source documents
- Assist in monthly adjusting journal entries, enter basic accruals and deferrals
- General administrative duties not limited to the processing of customer applications, sales tax filings, insurance filings and maintenance of accounting deadlines and calendars
- Accurate filing and document organization of accounting documents
- Ad hoc projects and contributes to team by accomplishing tasks and projects as needed
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years experience in Accounting and Finance in accounting or related field
- Experience with ERP systems, Excel and Google sheets experience
- Scrappy self-starter who thrives in a diverse, dynamic, entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and agile culture—someone who embraces and leads through change and ambiguity.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail, process oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- A friendly-team player with a positive attitude, and the ability to take and give feedback (no egos).
What We Offer
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible spending account options (medical, dependent care, transit)
- 401k with company matching
- Flexible paid vacation
- Monthly wellness benefit + complementary wellness subscriptions
- Complimentary lunches on Fridays (where we play games together!)