Software Test Engineer - Hardware
Software Test Engineer-Hardware
Experis is partnering with a premier publisher of AAA video game titles to create a new Games Testing team in Portland, Oregon. As a Hardware Software Test Engineer, you will work with a talented team that is innovative, fun, diverse, and results oriented. We promote a team mentorship culture that drives new projects using cutting-edge technology & processes.
This role interacts directly with AWS project team stakeholders. Candidates are expected to understand the fundamentals of device testing, have interest in games testing, hardware, and device testing QA methodologies. They will be part of a team responsible for testing a new proprietary HW device. They must be able to review test plans, create test cases, execute test cases, perform ad-hoc testing, and write bugs.
- Advocate for the user experience
- Validate code changes and overall feature quality.
- Work with Developers and Designers to craft in-game features that align with the overall intended user experience by providing feedback through bugs and regular communication.
- Work with team members to create test documentation for feature validation and sustainment.
- Work with team members to deliver a AAA game quality experience to customers.
- Work directed on daily basis.
- Responsible for executing well defined, written test cases & may be executing established automated tests.
- Can run simple automation scripts.
- Logging failures / writing defect reports and assisting with hardware and software deployment.
- Also responsible for bug reproduction cases and scenarios.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Ability to root cause issues and provide necessary information.
- Ability to work independently and align with team members.
- Ability to multi-task, or balance tasks with shifting priorities.
- Games experience (Preferred).
- Ability to install game or application CD and make it run (Preferred).
- Software Development Life Cycle knowledge (Preferred).