Game Content Designer
Role Description: Game Content Designer
As a Game Content Designer, you will create, support and implement the game content effort for a major location-based AR project. You will collaborate closely with your design team to fill our gameplay spaces with exciting content, while also seeking to match look and feel alongside narrative and art.
- You love collaborating with others; they should also love collaborating with you.
- You are comfortable presenting ideas and workshopping ideas with stakeholders.
- You are a compelling storyteller, able to build empathy and convey the mindset of our players to the broader organization.
- You have the ability to ask meaningful and impactful questions while being an excellent listener with keen attention to detail.
- You have a maker mentality and desire to grow and develop new skills
- Own large portions of the game's content design, collaborating with the design lead, systems designer, narrative designer and live-ops.
- You will work to convey design intent when creating new content, including missions, abilities, and characters; after which you’ll implement those designs.
- Pitch and defend designs, and prototype/implement content using our internal system
- Regularly participate in discussions and brainstorming sessions on content design.
- Remain current on game industry trends including new games and game genres, emerging game design methods and techniques.
- 5+ years of relevant game/content design experience in mobile and live ops environments.
- Strong emotional intelligence, deep understanding of psychology, cognition, social dynamics, usability.
- Familiarity with Agile game development
- Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
- Excellent partnership and communication skills
- Self-motivated, passionate and opinionated about video games and video game dev
- Able to work gracefully under pressure
- Bachelor's degree in design, art or related fields or equivalent experience
- Content design for card games or RPGs
- Comfortable with game scripting and implementation with bespoke tools
- It starts with creating fun, intuitive, and novel game mechanics
- We judge our work based on how it plays, not how good the specs read
- We prototype more and pontificate less
- Everyone at VVS is a jack-of-all-trades
- Everyone is expected to roll up their sleeves and get messy
- We actively listen to our peers regardless of discipline or level of experience
- We stay positive, especially when we find ourselves in a jam
- Above all, we follow a principle of “Core before More™