Mobile Game Designer (Remote Initially)
We are looking for a Game Designer to create complex in-game systems, develop core game loops, UI and Effects Flows, write game copy, do world building, and tackle design problems. We want someone who loves to create new worlds and has the skills to explain how everything should work.
This position is currently remote due to COVID, but ultimately located at our Maryland, USA studio. Must be willing to relocate.
This designer will play an instrumental part in designing the systems for our games, and you will have a lot of opportunity for advancement with us.
- Experience with free-to-play game feature design/monetization
- Fully create core systems including menu flows.
- Analyze and balance in-game variables, items, etc.
- Design, implement, do scripting and iteration, testing, etc.
- Monitor and consult on the creative side (art and design) and technical side (programming) of a game project.
- Find solution to complex design problems with the player in mind.
- 3+ years game design experience.
- Experience with Unity game engine.
- Ability to create and document game systems.
- Knowledge of game design principles and concepts.
- Able to communicate ideas clearly.
- Technical knowledge in game development.
- Good communication skill, time management, and leadership
- Strong drive to learn and have a good personality.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Experience and passion for mobile game design
- Technical design experience including scripting and data management