Based in the heart of London and founded in 2014, EXCEL ESPORTS is a British gaming culture brand with competitive rosters across the world’s biggest titles. As a purpose driven brand EXCEL always strives to be better and uses its platform to make a positive impact on the gaming and esports community. With ambitious goals and a recently unveiled bold and unique visual identity, EXCEL is in an exciting expansion phase as it looks to build into a globally recognised brand.
We are looking for a Video Editor who has a keen eye for detail and will be responsible for supporting and editing all forms of EXCEL video content. The Video Editor will also work alongside the Lead Video Producer to come up with unique content concepts to showcase the EXCEL brand and its teams.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Editing all forms of video content from raw footage to the final product to the highest standards (applying transitions, sound, dialogues, graphics, effects, pace, filters, mood and colours etc.).
- Project manage the deliveries of your own deliveries and actively manage communication and feedback round where and when required.
- Support in any other post-production activities such as motion graphics and support in quality control of all video projects within EXCEL ESPORTS.
- Support the Lead Video Producer and the further video team in ideation and story-telling for video projects.
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity.
- Diligent archiving of raw and finished video content and keeping a good knowledge of historical footage to be used for new video projects.
- Translating our brand identity into the final product such that all relevant videos have a ‘EXCEL look & feel’.
- Support in the publishing on the relevant channels.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A recent portfolio, showreel or other proven work experience that showcases completed projects and work experience.
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills.
EXCEL ESPORTS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Your difference is our power for better
Please note the role will be based in EXCEL’s HQ in London subject to current government restrictions but remote and flexible working is also supported.
As a member of EXCEL, you will be fundamental in sharing our passion, purpose, and pride to the world. What you can expect is a group of colleagues all working towards our future successes. Our office in London will provide for your needs, we offer a private cycle bike space, hybrid working, gaming stations, partnership perks, community events, training, private health care and access to an EXCEL approved gym. We are always looking to make an impact in everything we do, we’ll be adding more fun things to enjoy as we grow.