Social Media - Esports
We are looking for at least 2 Experienced Social Media Specialists – Some in the industry term them Social Media Managers. What we want from you is Passion, oodles of passion to go with our purpose & pride in what we do. We want to see your creativity, your excitement for gaming, your ideas to be innovative and be infused with the Power of Better.
If you think you have what it takes to tackle one of the most difficult yet rewarding positions, please share which meme best represents you and why (along with your CV/portfolio)
Now time for the spiel:
Based in the heart of London and founded in 2014, EXCEL ESPORTS is a British gaming culture brand with competitive rosters across the world’s biggest titles. As a purpose driven brand EXCEL always strives to be better and uses its platform to make a positive impact on the gaming and esports community. With ambitious goals and a recently unveiled bold and unique visual identity, EXCEL is in an exciting expansion phase as it looks to build into a globally recognised brand.
Our social channels are a massive part of our growth, not only to engage our fans, but also to create further awareness and to grow our brand globally. There’s already a huge amount of social ‘noise’, so the challenge is to come up with new ways that will deliver cut-through to reach our fans and followers, but also positions the EXCEL ESPORTS brand in the right way.
Aside from being our champion of gaming, trends, memes, and entertainment, this role will create best-in-class social content and expand Excel's audience within the Fortnite, League, Valorant and FIFA communities.
The Senior Social Media Specialist is a creative, who puts the fans at the heart of everything they do. They have extensive knowledge of our core titles and develops social content fans love, with a focus on quality and engagement.
This role will include working closely with our Professional players, developing bespoke strategies for teams and individual players to build their profile, whilst leveraging their audiences to further grow EXCEL's brand.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity and is at the forefront of levelling-up EXCEL in the world’s hottest entertainment space!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Create amazing content that fuels our growth amongst League Of Legends, Valorant, FIFA and Fortnite fans on all social channels (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit and TikTok).
- Build and manage an ‘always-on’ content calendar that ensures EXCEL has a presence in all trending topics.
- Liaise with our professional players to build social assets that boost EXCEL’s profile on their channels.
- Ensure all content is optimised for each platform, for maximum reach and engagement.
- Collaborate with the partnerships team to develop social content that meets mutual objectives.
- Work closely with video production team to re-purpose content for EXCEL’s social channels.
- Re-purpose selected content to publish as compelling news stories on XL.gg.
- Research relevant content creators and recommend temporary freelancers to support objectives.
- Collaborate with the wider team on developing and executing campaigns.
- Oversee the Social Media Specialist to ensure we’re getting the insights needed to optimise campaigns and support the development of generic gaming content.
- Recommend allocation of social media budget to deliver against ROI and growth targets.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 3+ years social media creative experience
- Passion for League Of Legends, Valorant, FIFA and Fortnite and experience working within esports
- Proven track record of developing content from scratch that delivers against engagement and growth targets
- Strong experience in graphic design including Adobe Creative Suite and Canva and photo/video editing
- Excellent grasp on what content the community savours – you can demonstrate experience in internet culture, gaming trends and memes
Understands the visual and strategic landscape of social media with a strong foundation in content production and management across all platforms
- Digital experience and knowledge of digital design for Web, Responsive, Mobile and marketing channels
- Comfort and experience working with creator talent, and ability to understand their individual goals and motivations
- Willing to travel and participate in EXCEL events
- Outstanding copywriting skills with an authentic tone that resonates with our fans
- Passionate about using data with great experience of analysis, reporting, and social-listening
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment, working well under pressure
- Good organisational, written and presentation skills
- A positive can-do attitude — always ready to look for new avenues of growth
- Self-starter who is a team player that takes initiative, with strong interpersonal skills
- You must have the right to work in the UK and be commutable to East London (Hybrid working available, but must be commutable to London)
We’re excited to hear from you!
As a member of EXCEL, you will be fundamental in sharing our passion, purpose, and pride to the world. What you can expect is a group of colleagues all working towards our future successes. Our office in London will provide for your needs, we offer a private cycle bike space, hybrid working, gaming stations, partnership perks, community events, training, full private health care and access to an EXCEL approved gym. We are always looking to make an impact in everything we do, we’ll be adding more fun things to enjoy as we grow.
EXCEL ESPORTS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Your difference is our power for better