Based in the heart of London and founded in 2014, EXCEL ESPORTS is the leading British gaming culture brand with competitive rosters across the world’s biggest titles. As a purpose driven brand EXCEL always strives to be better and uses its platform to make a positive impact on the gaming and esports community. With ambitious goals EXCEL is in an exciting expansion phase as it looks to build into a globally recognised brand.
At EXCEL we are developing rapidly, and will always continue to lead innovation and evolve, as a digital performance brand. As much as we are in digital competition, we’re also in the world of digital heroes, content and the wider digital culture.
The Marketing Director will play a pivotal role in supporting the growth of the EXCEL ESPORTS brand and its audience, by amplifying its appeal to its fans and developing new digital communities. The Marketing Director will lead engaging content production and development to narrate our passion and purpose, creating innovative and impactful campaigns which deliver significant growth in brand awareness within global esports and gaming communities.
In addition, you and your team are a significant support to the commercial team to achieve their and our partners’ objectives.
The successful candidate will have significant experience in successfully growing digital cultural and brands and will have a real passion for gaming. Being creative, data-driven and enthusiasm for leading EXCEL’s marketing team are traits that you’ll need to excel on.
This position reports into the CEO and is part of the leadership team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Own the audience growth objectives by devising an effective audience growth plan and fan acquisition funnel. In particular, take care of our core community (Tier-1 audience) making EXCEL ESPORTS a prime destination for esports fans.
- Manage the overall content strategy, content development and distribution that incorporates brand, audience and commercial objectives and channel strategy & objectives.
- Devise brand and marketing campaigns on the basis of the company’s brand strategy, teams, talent, events, partnership and other commercial requirements. Manage internal and external briefings and select and manage external agencies when required.
- Manage all of EXCEL ESPORTS external communications according to our audience tiers from mass communication (ATL) to direct marketing.
- Support the leadership team in game title and geographical expansions and support or lead on ‘go-to-market’ plans for our expansion efforts.
- Manage other areas of marketing activities including, but not limited to Influencers, content creators, PR & Media and (competition / community / launch) events.
- Meticulously analyse and develop comprehensive insights on the basis of which further brand, marketing and content plans are developed.
- Along with the Commercial and Brand & Creative team, explore and develop collaboration opportunities in the digital and physical world.
- Continuously explore creative digital marketing and communication methods that resonate to our audience and fit our ecosystem.
- Manage and develop the growing marketing and content team (campaigns, communication, social media, video production, etc.).
- As a member of the Leadership team, participating in the co-ordination the overall company strategy development and meetings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Higher level Marketing degree or related experience
- Held senior marketing positions in digital consumer or branding environments
- Thorough understanding of Content creation and ideation in the digital culture space, together with demonstrable experience of driving audience growth
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to inspire internal and external audiences
- Team management and development
You will have
- Developed a successful senior level career in Marketing & Content Creation
- Strong team management and operations experience – grown and developed successful teams
- Created amazing and impactful marketing strategies utilising strong creativity but also your skills in delivery, change management and roll out of concept
- You will have a strong grasp of business and marketing strategy development, measurement, and delivery
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative
- An outgoing and hands-on approach
- An appetite for and a propensity to thrive in an environment where variety is the spice of life
- A passion for people, gaming, professionalism & for making a difference in everything you do.
EXCEL Esports is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Your difference is our power for better.
With the current pandemic we are continuing to ensure our staff’s safety, working from home & hybrid options are available, the ideal candidate would be commutable to EC1.
As a member of EXCEL, you will be fundamental in communicating our passion, purpose, and pride to the world. What you can expect is a group of colleagues all working passionately towards our future successes. Our office in London is exciting, vibrant & will provide for your needs, from Nespresso to smoothies and snacks in between. We offer a private cycle bike space, hybrid working, gaming stations, partnership perks, community events, training, private healthcare and access to an EXCEL approved gym. We are always looking to make an impact in everything we do, and that includes looking after you, we’ll be adding more fun things to enjoy as we grow.