Based in the heart of London and founded in 2016, EXCEL ESPORTS is a British gaming culture brand with competitive rosters across the world’s biggest titles. As a purpose driven brand EXCEL always strives to be better and uses its platform to make a positive impact on the gaming and esports community. With ambitious goals and a recently unveiled bold and unique visual identity, EXCEL is in an exciting expansion phase as it looks to build into a globally recognised brand.
We are looking for a talented digital artist / designer who challenges the status quo and comes up with ideas to build on our creative strengths. The Graphics Designer will report into the Creative / Art Director.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- A great understanding and active support in the continuous development of the brand guidelines and application of the brand guidelines in a variety of digital and physical environments, assets and projects.
- Creation of digital designs graphics as per requirements and briefs from the teams. Typically, these graphics are needed for social, marketing and web content, product designs, presentations, events and much more.
- Supported by the Creative / Art Director and the Creative Production Manager, manage the creation of the creative assets from briefing intake to mood boards, concept designs and templates to the final product, depending on the type and size of each project.
- Support the ideation of creative initiatives within the business as and when required, contributing to the wider creative direction of our visual brand identity.
- Collaboration with all relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure requirements are met, deadlines are hit and priorities are clear.
- Ensuring we are on trend and innovative with design application and adhere the highest standards to the quality of our creative assets.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Experienced in graphic design and illustration packages such as Illustrator, InDesign, and Sketch.
- Photography and post processing experience in Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Demonstrate a solid ability to generate creative ideas and presenting with confidence.
- Good communicator and handling feedback on creative design constructively and with energy.
- Experience with digital brands and / or a strong affinity with games and gaming are preferred.
Please note the role will be based in EXCEL’s HQ in London subject to current government restrictions but remote and flexible working is also supported.
- Competitive package
- Gym membership
- Discounted merchandise
- Company pension scheme and contribution
- New, great office in central London