Content Marketing Manager
Following our recent organisation success, we are looking for an experienced Content Marketing Manager to join our team, whose main responsibility is to drive our audience growth and engagement through content. By clearly understanding our audience tiers and funnel, you’ll be able to serve the right content through the right channel. Reporting into the Head of Marketing, you will be working alongside the Content Creation Manager to devise and execute our content strategy and contribute to make people love our brand through great stories and creative content.
- A competitive full-time salary suitable for independent living near London;
- The opportunity to work in an exciting and rapidly changing industry, alongside passionate creatives;
- A paid gym membership at an Excel approved gym;
- Access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your wellbeing; and
- A company pension in accordance with Part 1 of the Pensions Act 2008.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will be exclusively employed and contracted to Excel and will provide all services as customarily provided by a first-class Content Marketing Manager. These duties and responsibilities will include, but shall not be limited to:
- Create and own the audience growth strategy that encourages engagement and drives conversion across all identified target personas;
- Lead the distribution strategy of our content across multiple digital channels including Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and TikTok;
- Develop, maintain, and communicate the content marketing plan to internal stakeholders;
- Champion, safeguard and narrate the brand of Excel through content marketing;
- Stay abreast of digital marketing trends and new platforms that are relevant to the gaming industry to ensure Excel are forward thinking in distribution approach;
- Define, analyse and report against key performance metrics on each channel;
- Lead on our paid media strategy to support growth in business objectives;
- Support in the execution of our community strategy on platforms such as Twitch, Discord, Reddit;
- Work collaboratively with the Content Creation Manager to ensure the content created is produced in the best way to package per channel;
- Own and populate the content calendar in project management tool Asana;
- Collaborate with the partnerships team to understand and deliver partner requirements through content marketing;
- Manage internal and external stakeholders effectively where relevant; and
- Execute Excel tone of voice consistently throughout content.
In addition to the above, you may be required to provide operational support to Excel project teams. Any amendments to your workload will be agreed between you and your manager, Excel’s Head of Marketing.
Required Skills, Qualification and Experience
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate that they have:
- 5+ years of professional experience in digital marketing;
- Experience in leading content marketing campaigns that have seen large success in reach and engagement across target audiences;
- Excellent written communication skills that can adapt to the brand tone of voice;
- Has a meticulous understanding of our core audiences;
- Both creative and analytically minded;
- Strong organisational skills and demonstrable experience of delivering multiple projects in parallel;
- Self-motivation, a pro-active mindset and capable of acting autonomously;
- An extensive understanding of the esports industry and content landscape within it; and
- Highly proficient written and spoken English and eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.
Whilst not required, it would be considered an advantage to have:
- Experience with working with Graphic Designers.
How to Apply: Submit your contact information and your CV showcasing your suitability for the role. All documents should be uploaded to the enclosed BreatheHR link.
Closing Date: 21st September 2020 or until position is filled.