Content Creation Manager
Following our recent organisation success, we are looking for an experienced Content Creation Manager to join our team, whose main responsibility is to drive our audience growth and engagement through content. By clearly understanding our audience tiers and funnel, you’ll be able to serve the right content through the right channel. Reporting into the Head of Marketing, you will be working alongside the Content Marketing Manager to devise and execute our content strategy and contribute to make people love our brand through great stories and creative content.
- A competitive full-time salary suitable for independent living near London;
- The opportunity to work in an exciting and rapidly changing industry, alongside passionate creatives;
- A paid gym membership at an Excel approved gym;
- Access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your wellbeing; and
- A company pension in accordance with Part 1 of the Pensions Act 2008.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will be exclusively employed and contracted to Excel and will provide all services as customarily provided by a first-class Content Creation Manager. These duties and responsibilities will include, but shall not be limited to:
- Lead the planning and creation of content across our core titles including video content, motion graphic content and live stream content;
- Develop, maintain, and communicate the content production schedule to internal stakeholders;
- Manage and develop a creative team to produce innovative and forward-thinking content;
- Champion and narrate the brand of Excel through video content;
- Work collaboratively with the Content Marketing Manager to ensure the content is produced in the best way to package per channel;
- Own and populate the production content calendar in project management tool Asana;
- Collaborate with the partnerships team to understand and deliver partner requirements through content;
- Understand and analyse engagement content data metrics and adapt content where necessary;
- Stay abreast of content trends in the gaming and esports industry and ensure Excel are forward thinking in ideation;
- Manage a network of freelance creatives if required; and
- Execute Excel tone of voice consistently throughout content.
In addition to the above, you may be required to provide operational support to Excel project teams. Any amendments to your workload will be agreed between you and your manager, Excel’s Head of Marketing.
Required Skills, Qualification and Experience
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate that they have:
- 5+ years of professional experience in digital media production;
- Experience of working for a lifestyle brand in a consumer facing environment;
- Experience with storytelling in both short form and long form video content;
- Understanding of digital audio/video production workflows and first-hand experience of overseeing small teams to storyboard, script, film and edit videos;
- Expert proficiency with a variety of cameras;
- A high level of proficiency with Adobe Premiere Pro, Audition, Photoshop and other Creative Cloud applications;
- Strong organisational skills and demonstrable experience of delivering multiple projects in parallel;
- Self-motivation, a pro-active mindset and capable of acting autonomously;
- The ability to thrive when working to frequent, tight deadlines;
- An extensive understanding of the esports industry and content landscape within it; and
- Highly proficient written and spoken English and eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.
Whilst not required, it would be considered an advantage to have:
- Experience with graphic design and motion graphic design; and/or
- Experience of recording high quality sound and editing audio for podcasts and audio clips.
How to Apply: Submit your contact information and your CV showcasing your suitability for the role. All documents should be uploaded to the enclosed BreatheHR link.
Closing Date: 21st September 2020 or until position is filled.