Community & Events Manager
The Community Manager is a new role and plays a pivotal part in making EXCEL ESPORTS the leading British gaming culture brand. You’ll be our biggest ambassador and a major figure in the British gaming community by being the MC for EXCEL. Hence, you need to have a personality and have a genuine and deep interest in everything gaming, and a good knowledge of all the competitive talent and events.
In this role, you engage in daily conversations with our fans about everything EXCEL, esports, gaming and other topics that interest our growing community. At the same time, you’re a true professional who understands the sensitivities, has bold creative ideas, does planning and applies our vision of The Power of Better and know to grow our community.
You’ll engage with our community in Discord, Twitch, Reddit, social media and other community platforms. Beyond the conversations, you propose, initiate, and organise online and offline events for our fans. You get to work with our talent, influencers and ambassador to get them engaged in our community and are not shy to participate in streams or have a go yourself.
The community manager reports to the Head of Marketing and is a very versatile hands-on role with ambitious objectives for our brand and community.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Build our presence on the relevant gaming and esports community platforms on behalf of EXCEL such as on Discord, Twitch, Reddit and Strafe. Actively participate in non-endemic community platforms where this makes sense.
- Organise community activities and events (online and offline) such as contests, giveaways, viewing parties, community votes, VIP events, reveals etc. Support in raising awareness in and participation of our community for any launches and announcements.
- Actively engage with our most vocal ambassadors and avid fans. Listen to feedback from our community and feedback internally ‘the voice of our community’.
- Participate in conversation in the gaming community, keep abreast of trending topics, the specifics, and finesse of community subjects.
- Support in getting our brand partners presented to our community, and actively endorse our brand partners where appropriate.
- Be an active contributor to cultivating the EXCEL ESPORTS brand in a competitive gaming culture brand. Keep a close relationship with friendly and local gaming communities.
- Manage any external content creators (e.g. streamers) and influencers that contribute to EXCEL. Manage the streaming schedule of our gaming talent and promote streams to our community.
- Support in a future loyalty & reward programme for our active community and customers.
- Host broadcasts from our new office when relevant, participate in our talent streams in-game or through voice-overs and be active streamer yourself in chosen and relevant game titles.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of active presence in gaming communities with at least one previous successful community management role.
- Expert understanding of the most relevant gaming community platforms such as Discord, Twitch, Reddit and others.
- Broad interest in everything gaming and esports, from the broader culture, the language to a deeper level of the games and its specific communities/fan bases.
- Knowledge of one or more foreign languages is a plus.
- Extrovert with a curious mindset and tremendous interest in people.
- Talkative, open to discuss topics and be criticised.
- Able to be neutral and listen as much as contribute in conversations.
- Creative mindset and bold ideas.
- Organised in work and life.
- Native British and / or English mother tongue is preferred.
- Competitive package
- Gym membership
- Discounted merchandise
- Company pension scheme and contribution
- New, great office in central London