Based in the heart of London and founded in 2016, EXCEL ESPORTS is a British gaming culture brand with competitive rosters across the world’s biggest titles. As a purpose driven brand EXCEL always strives to be better and uses its platform to make a positive impact on the gaming and esports community. With ambitious goals and a recently unveiled bold and unique visual identity, EXCEL is in an exciting expansion phase as it looks to build into a globally recognised brand.
EXCEL is looking for someone with a strategic and analytical mind, who is able to interpret data to help with key business concepts and decision making. Main duties will cover commercial partnerships, performance management, including ecommerce customer and sales analysis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather and analyse diverse data to understand problems and bring them to light.
- Communicate with the management team, in order to guide strategic decisions.
- Collate and analyse data, in order to effectively forecast sales trends.
- Review sales data from the past, in order to better understand productivity trends.
- Generate accurate, clear reports and explain complex trends.
- Regularly share actionable information with the sales and management team.
- Evaluate and predict sales trends- EXCEL must be able to predict market trends; by doing so, this will support the businesses in creating appropriate sales strategies, targeted propositions that boost revenues.
- Analyse sales reports - EXCEL must be able to paint a clear picture of how the company is performing, support performance management and provide the business with accurate forecasting.
- Produce reports – EXCEL must be able to present insightful commercial reports which will provide the business with key data to support and guide company strategies.
- Provide strategic guidance – EXCEL utilise data analysis to evaluate commercial performance from an internal metrics perspective but also within the market and industry. Commercial analysis will support the delivery of this insight to help influence strategic decisions and guide the overall strategy.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with key business-intelligence software
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Experience of SQL (or other programming languages such as Python/R) would be an advantage
- Advanced oral and written communication abilities
- A keen eye for detail and great organisational abilities
- Proven ability to take the initiative
- Skills with multitasking and prioritising key reports
Please note the role will be based in EXCEL’s HQ in London subject to current government restrictions but remote and flexible working is also supported.
- Competitive package
- Gym membership
- Discounted merchandise
- Company pension scheme and contribution
- New, great office in central London