(Closed) Director of Marketing
Evil Geniuses, one of the oldest and most recognizable brands in professional gaming, was founded 20 years ago on the belief that passion, commitment and innovation could transform a beloved interest into a global phenomenon. Today, we look for people who share that same drive and dedication to help us continue to build on the rich organization that is Evil Geniuses.
Evil Geniuses is a premier professional gaming team with a worldwide following. Founded in 1999 from humble beginnings, the team has grown to a place of massive influence as one of gaming’s best known brands. Long known by a hallmark of elite players with unbreaking determination, we are unapologetic in victory and the world’s best video game team.
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on marketer who can build and lead a small group of full-timers and freelancers who span a range of marketing disciplines. In this role you’ll work across all our different businesses and have genuine opportunities to impact the firm and shape the future of our Marketing efforts while reinforcing a growing, thriving culture. You will also partner with senior leadership to understand and express their vision, and increase brand engagement and awareness for EG.
- Act as player-coach to lead and grow the Marketing function at EG to consist of content, PR, digital, creative, and analytics.
- Develop and execute a marketing strategy to drive brand development and awareness for EG
- Provide support to early stage portfolio companies, including launch strategies, product packaging, budget creation and metrics
- Selectively hire marketing professionals to build in-house marketing function while augmenting with network of freelance specialists
- Retain and manage marketing vendors and agencies to defined and successful outcomes, including aggressive focus on timeline and budget management
- Contribute to, and execute on, EG multi-channel marketing programs across: content development, public relations, digital and email marketing, events, and social media
- Help manage all digital, print and marketing communication assets for the firm, including the website, social media, intranet, and collateral
- Build-out infrastructure and martech stack as needed to help company achieve goals and drive efficiencies across portfolio companies
- Partner with PEAK6 HR and senior management to define culture and encourage employee engagement with tailored communications and events
- Track benchmarks for marketing attribution and success including relevant dashboards and key performance metrics
- Collaborate with marketing peers at other PEAK6 Investments firms to share resources, identify best practices and find efficiencies
- 10+ years of relevant marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or related field
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated tactical abilities who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ambitious and proactive, gets things done rather than relying solely on others to get things done
- A passion for helping startups tell their story
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work under pressure and proactively manage workload
- Proven experience developing and executing integrated marketing campaigns and programs
- Hands-on self-starter who can lead and execute multiple marketing initiatives independently
- Comfortable functioning in both leadership and contributor capacities to ensure maximum effectiveness and momentum
- Proven team and project management skills enabling you to balance multiple deadlines to deliver campaign objectives
- Strong understanding of content and PR
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality written content across a variety of formats (print, web media, presentations)
- Event strategy and execution experience
- Experience in the professional gaming is a plus